JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, the pocket snag blade deploy thingy. Got it .

Only other design addition I've seen that I truly despise is the autoLAWKS on crkt folders. It's a really secure system for keeping the blade locked open, which is were it's the most dangerous. When you go to close it , it's definitely a 2 hand process.
I used to have a CRKT M16 with the autolawk. I was able to get it with one hand, but it wasn't my favorite. Index finger to disengage the autolawk and thumb to move the liner lock.

I've carried the Swiss army knife most every day since '96, but this last year I've found myself carrying this old garage sale Boy Scouts Buck knife a lot.

20210926_194735.jpg 20210926_194612.jpg 20210926_194641.jpg

Nice Buck knife. That has to be some kind of very collectable knife. I have a buck just like it but it's not a Boy Scout model. Mine is black.
After a quick Google search, looks like mines a model 412 from the '80s. Sells for around 45 to 75 bucks. I think I only paid a buck for it :)

I used to do the "Knife of the Month Club" and buy a cool new Benchmade, SOG, CRKT etc. tacticool knife regularly. I also always had a Leatherman or one of various other multitools in the back pocket too. When I realized all I ever used was the knife's blade and the Multitool's screw drivers I thought I'd give this cheap Kershaw a shot for a week or two and leave the multitool at home. That was like five years ago at least. I even bought a spare just in case. Just wish it came in a tanto. Luckily I haven't had to use it in combat... yet :rolleyes:

in6sODJ.jpg

One for stabbing things. The other for cutting open boxes. One obviously gets more use..

FCFA8DFA-2546-4B05-87C9-B330F8B8764B.jpeg DA248149-ECBA-4150-923A-84C8E71BE9D4.jpeg

BUCK # 113 Ranger Skinner fixed blade knife.

Mine is an older one by a few years and has a walnut handle not the one ebony one listed in the link above.

So my daily carry Fixed Blade Knife is still pretty much the same even if I add something ELSE to my gear, purse, brief case and/or fanny pack.

I went to the range on Monday evening with my husband and my usual BUCK knife went with me.

(I should do an AD FOR BUCK KNIVES and for this specific model too! LOL)

It was a nice evening and fairly warm out too! I shot well using 4 CZ rifles. One 22wmr and three 22lr ones.

I think that my husband carried one of the few BUCK 110 knives or one of the two BUCK 'The 55' knives that I gave to him that used to BELONG to ME when my hands were better with folding and other pocket knives.

Even though he ALWAYS carries a knife on him - he ALWAYS has a MULTI tool kit on his leather belt too. He had the multi tool kit at his office job and even when he traveled for a time frame and had to DRESS UP some more.

He changes HIS knives around more now since he is retired even though he has his favorites.

Old Lady Cate

Catherine you can order a Custom Buck 113 with Walnut or Cherry at no additional cost choose many other handle materials too. The one I highlighted has SV30V and Walnut. Your old one is likely 420HC.

Catherine you can order a Custom Buck 113 with Walnut or Cherry at no additional cost choose many other handle materials too. The one I highlighted has SV30V and Walnut. Your old one is likely 420HC.
Yes, my BUCK 113 was the standard one that I bought in the store.

Thanks and take care!

Cate

Yes, my BUCK 113 was the standard one that I bought in the store.

Thanks and take care!

Cate
I've owned a few classic BUCK folding knives over the years.... wore out many a pocket cuz they were so heavy and I almost never had a belt holster. My Dad had one that was left to me, and I recently passed it on to one of my grandsons. He is very happy to have Grandpa's knife. I gave him a few of my hunting knives too, since he is 14 and wants to start deer hunting. Along with my .308 Ruger model 77. Not ready to give up all my treasures yet tho.

I have a few EDC knives, including my Yellow Delrin Chrome Vanadium Case Peanut and a 6.25" (OAL) Oreste Dibon Fishtail Picklock Automatic (circa 2000) handmade in Italy.

Oreste passed away in 2015 and I have one of his nicer efforts. It is as "tight as a tick" and holds a decent edge.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top