JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They look kewl, but no way a good sword can be made for $35.

Now if Cold Steel made one and offered it, I would be tempted.

I watched part of a video review and when he to to the part about the loose hilt and pommel I stopped watching.

They look kewl, but no way a good sword can be made for $35.

Now if Cold Steel made one and offered it, I would be tempted.

I watched part of a video review and when he to to the part about the loose hilt and pommel I stopped watching.
I can email Budk and see if they would be interested in charging $200 for the sword instead if that helps? ;)

Here is the other one I play pretend samurai with. It's pretty freaking fun and durable. Still inexpensive though. So probably a no for you!

I'm just old skool I guess. Nothing fancy, blade easy to sharpen, a good enough grip if I needed to stick it in something. Heavy enough to use as a light hammer. I can draw it and have the blade open faster than I can a gun. I had too.

The one I've had for 25 years or so, and a new one I picked up some years ago in case I lost my first one.

P1040820.JPG

Last Edited:
Depends. At work my knife is in constant use skinning wire, cutting rope or even cutting bags with rock or other things that dull even the best steel quickly. I really abuse and loose work knives.
For this I use a Milwaukee skinning knife and a Corona yard tool sharpener to quickly put a working edge on it. Away from work its a Benchmade Autocrat or Benchmade Freek.View attachment 701767
I carry a blade much like the one in the picture. Forward spring and withdrawal. Love it.

Quiet Carry Drift
Vanax super clean stee blade and titanium frame locks and scales and pretty much everything else.
Super thin to carry and surgically sharp--I know 6 stitches worth of user error in my hand. I love knives and is my new favorite. IMG_0789.jpeg IMG_0791.jpeg

IMG_0790.jpeg

Now that I am home most of the time, when I am working outside, I am often opting to carry this:

61Cgo31Dw7L._AC_SY550_.jpg

It is lightweight, and useful. I have purposely abused it, including batoning it and twisting it when it was embedded in wood, to see how robust it is. The side play loosened up after that, but it remained locked open.

Inexpensive, light and so far robust - works for me, even though some people claimed it would fall apart and shatter because it was made in China. :s0092:

Every new apprentice I get. The first two things I ask are. Do you have a flash light? Most pull out a phone. Nope fail. Then do you have a knife? Not one yet in 15 years, has One been produced when asked. Every one of the apprentices that have worked with me carry a good quality blade. Not a box cutter but solid knives. And reliable flash light. Funny to see those two things stand out now.

I used to always carry a small, single blade locking knife. I had many different ones, usually less than 2" folded. Something that was super easy to carry.
Then a couple of years ago I won this Kershaw automatic at a 4x4 rally. I've carried it every day since then. My only complaint was the screws for the pocket clip would loosen over time. A dab of locktite on each stopped that. Kershaw closed.jpg Kershaw open.jpg

I am currently carrying a Case yellow Delrin-scaled "Peanut" (with Chrome Vanadium 1095 blades). I rotate between my Buck 110 Auto Elite and my Gerber Empower. Either one are comfortable carry knives, but the Buck's leather pouch tends to rub on the liner of my sport jackets. Other than that, I have no complaints so far.

I used to always carry a small, single blade locking knife. I had many different ones, usually less than 2" folded. Something that was super easy to carry.
Then a couple of years ago I won this Kershaw automatic at a 4x4 rally. I've carried it every day since then. My only complaint was the screws for the pocket clip would loosen over time. A dab of locktite on each stopped that.View attachment 706357View attachment 706358
Those knives are awesome, I have carried 3 of them in different models for 10 or so years. Great steel and never let me down.

Then a couple of years ago I won this Kershaw automatic at a 4x4 rally. I've carried it every day since then. My only complaint was the screws for the pocket clip would loosen over time. A dab of locktite on each stopped that.View attachment 706357View attachment 706358

The CPM-154 Steel is excellent and the blade profile is useful I have been looking at one of those for a while.

Nice piece.

I was carrying either a Benchmade Crooked River or a CRKT Seismic. (Post #16) I let my daughter have the Benchmade and relegated the CRKT to the junk drawer in the kitchen because that thing wouldn't hold an edge.

Currently carrying a Zero Tolerance 350 with an S30V blade: 20200730_100850.jpg

Lately the edc has been a Schrade 250T, a large 2-bladed pouch-carry folder. That and a pocket-clip "spring-assist" folder by M-Tech, for easy/quicker access, something "not pricey" so when it unsprings itself from my pocket it doesnt cause any tears to replace it. Sometimes I carry a clip Gerber multi, or a SAK with the scissors n stuff. Left to my druthers I'd edc a bowie knife or a 12" Nepaleseखुकुरी, :D but, hey, even here in semi-rural Colorado people look at me funny when I do that!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top