JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had 3 of those-- great blades! I gave one away to a Grandmother at Xmas (long story) and immediately ordered another. EDC work knife is holding up great! For $30 it's just unbeatable!
It's one of the best, if not THE best $25 knife.
I'm liking the CJRB Centros even better, however.
That one just may be the be the best $35 knife !
Definitely worth a look.

SAK_0_6423__S1.jpg
Executive 81

Does the (visually) thinner grip affect handling? One thing I like about the Ganzo is that it has a very full grip as I'm on the bigger side. Nice looking blade though!
No, not at all. I have XL mitts.
It is a "thumb stud" knife and the thinner body section is for clear access to the thumb stud and it serves as a nesting place for your grip.
Some knife designs do not have adequate access to the thumb stud.
Also the distance from the pivot to the thumb stud is critical.
If it is too far, then the knife will never be a fast opener. Centros has the perfect distance and it is on bearings, so it flies open.

I think Atlantic Knife is the best place to buy...

I stopped carrying a knife when I started carrying a pistol, too much clutter in and around my pockets. I do keep knives in 3 places though...
Sog pentagon elite 2 in the desk at work
Gerber decree in the car
Kershaw blur in my dresser(so far my favorite folder I've ever had)

download.jpeg gerber-decree-30-001004n-large.jpg 31G138XpwYL._SX425_.jpg

Just picked up this bronze anodized battle 'torn' Hinderer half track Wharnie from Usamadeblade. Sweet little knife!! The other side has a ghost jade g10 scale.
It's my 5th Hinderer and my ~70th knife. I probably have as much in blades as I do in firearms.

1579270373509.png

Kershaw scalion usa made. I got alot of pocket knives...and although i change it up sometimes the scalion does everthing i need for city use and has functioned flawlessly for about 10 years, for work i sometimes carry a cheap milwaukie folder from home cheapo and i like it cause it locks closed but still flips open and ive beat it up for a couple years now.

Kershaw scalion usa made. I got alot of pocket knives...and although i change it up sometimes the scalion does everthing i need for city use and has functioned flawlessly for about 10 years, for work i sometimes carry a cheap milwaukie folder from home cheapo and i like it cause it locks closed but still flips open and ive beat it up for a couple years now.
The Ken Onion designs are elegant beauties.
I have a Leek and it's a sweet little assisted opener.

I always carry a pocket knife and a multi tool . Most often a Benchmade or Spyderco. And always a leatherman wave. When I am camping I like to use a neck knife . Very handy when doing food and camp prep. Here are a couple of my favorites. The black one is a AG Russell with an AUS 8 blade and a RFG pushbutton sheath. The other is an Esee Izula-2 in a plastic neck sheath . Neck rigs are para cord. The neck rigs are very handy for hanging a flashlight and other gear on.

IMG_2679.JPG IMG_2678.JPG

I always have my Kershaw Shuffle front left pocket and my Lightning in my back pocket. 20200123_221604.jpg
My front right pocket usually changes between a Benchmade Griptillion or ZT of some kind. Today it's the ZT 0562CF 20200123_221651.jpg

I posted earlier in this thread about how much I like the Kershaw Leek. Some how since then I have become a knife nerd and decided it was time to step my game up a little. I recently started carrying a Spyderco Para 2. I still like the Leek but the Para is pretty nice. The compression lock is cool because it allows one handed open/close. Now I am eyeing a Para 3 and will probably try a Benchmade Bugout at some point in the next year. Just what I needed, another expensive hobby/obsession. :)

78841AB3-57DD-4C8F-A81F-84CD9A6EE408_1_201_a.jpeg

Last Edited:

BUCK 113 Ranger Skinner fixed blade knife. ALL of my Buck knives are Made in the USA.

(That includes all of the BUCK folding knives that I gave to my MT husband as gifts since I only use fixed blade knives now. The 55 and the 110 models. Duplicates in each model. I gave him some other sweet knives including some sweet Case (Made in PA.) ones too.)

My 113 Ranger Skinner has American walnut handles and a black leather sheath.

^^^
There is a picture of it with the walnut handles but all of my Buck (Made in Idaho), Ka-Bar (Made in New York), and my other FIXED blade knives were bought locally where I could hold them in my hands and see how they FIT ME.

I mainly use one rifle now.

CZ 455 Lux bolt action rifle.

I own, use and open or conceal carry more knives especially since I don't own, open/conceal carry, and shoot handguns any longer.

I could get by with about 5 of my quality made knives but I have a higher amount than that.

I do NOT consider myself a collector, I do NOT have a large collection of knives, but a user and carrier of knives.

In a fanny pack, purse, briefcase, camping gear, around the yard in a jacket pocket, in the woods/wilderness, in my husband's truck or car, etc. Plus in the kitchen too!

I have a few knives that are duplicate models and/or close to each other in style only in a different length blades too. Mainly in the Buck and Ka-Bar brands.

I do LOVE nice knives.

I personally do not own or carry a cheap knife for fear of having something break on it when I really, really NEED it and I am NOT knocking someone who chooses to do this.

My MT husband has a few custom made ($$$) fixed blade knives too. He said I could pick out what I wanted from that group since I helped him pick out the handles for them in a few different wood types. I still have not done this but I admire them and carry my own knives! LOL

Some of you have knives in your pictures that I know about from my late husband, my MT husband, my late Dad, my older brother and a few of my former ones that I gifted. Mainly the CLASSIC old style ones and Andy's knives too. Plus the U.S. military one too. I do not see the German, English, Finnish, Swedish, exact Swiss Army, etc. ones that I knew about here on this specific thread. I did see the French one though!

Old Lady Cate who is into knives shy of one main rifle at this point of my life. I LOVE good axes, 'hawks, knives and things like that. For use around the house, yard, woods/wilderness, building, etc.

Last Edited:

Hello,

My MT husband bought an Opinel 08 knife with the Carbon Steel Blade a year or so ago. None of our local MT stores had one until that time frame so when he saw it - he bought it and brought it home.

They (Opinel) have been around forever but none of our LOCAL stores had them in stock. I think that they carry a few other Opinel knives now too.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads