JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have had and still have a few CRKT knives that I bought off Amazon. Always seem to have the best price and super fast shipping.
Amazon just had a sale on CRKT M16 for crazy cheap and free ship.
I bought a few for gifts, etc.
Looks like a nice design and looks they're back in stock...
(as in 30 minutes ago)

Screen-Shot-12-10-19-at-06-29-PM.png

ETA:
Don't even go here if you know what's good for your wallet...

Last Edited:
Amazon just had a sale on CRKT M16 for crazy cheap and free ship.
I bought a few for gifts, etc.
Looks like a nice design and looks they're back in stock...
(as in 30 minutes ago)

View attachment 639986

ETA:
Don't even go here if you know what's good for your wallet...

That is a nice price on a nice low end knife. I have at least one of the CRKT like this but with a Tanto type blade. I keep seeing at least one of them in my stuff. Went back and looked and Amazon shows I bought 2 in 2013. They were a little more back then but even then looked good. Since they were not assisted opening I bought them as a keep around to use knife. Handy enough to open one handed and cheap enough that I don't worry. I love to have some cheap workable, working knives. Every tool box, glove box, ect always has one. Kind of thing that when you need a knife, often to use for something they really are not meant for but work. If you harm one you don't really care as long as it got what you needed done .:D
That link does have some damn good looking deals too. Some nice name brand stuff on there at very good prices!

Since they were not assisted opening I bought them as a keep around to use knife.
As I read about EDC knives, there are purists that frown on the assisted knives.
Kind of like the fly fishermen vs. the gear fishermen sort of thing.

I've been playing with this OKC RAT 1 knife (another Amazon deal) and it has "thumb studs".
I'm getting the hang of flipping it open like it was assisted.
Like learning chopsticks....it takes a few tries.

That M16 as you know has a "flipper switch" which should be easier than thumb studs.
I should see mine this week.

My $19.88 OKC RAT 1 looks like this.
It's a big knife with a 3.5" blade and 5 oz. but it carries well in my work pants and doesn't block pocket access.
Not a deep carry hook....medium deep I suppose.
Well made rugged knife with AUS-8 blade steel.
Ontario-Rat-Model-1-OD-Green-Handle-Plain.jpg

Last Edited:
As I read about EDC knives, there are purists that frown on the assisted knives.
Kind of like the fly fishermen vs. the gear fishermen sort of thing.

I've been playing with this OKC RAT 1 knife (another Amazon deal) and it has "thumb studs".
I'm getting the hang of flipping it open like it was assisted.
Like learning chopsticks....it takes a few tries.

That M16 as you know has a "flipper switch" which should be easier than thumb studs.
I should see mine this week.

My $19.88 OKC RAT 1 looks like this.
It's a big knife with a 3.5" blade and 5 oz. but it carries well in my work pants and doesn't block pocket access.
Not a deep carry hook....medium deep I suppose.
Well made rugged knife with AUS-8 blade steel.
View attachment 640031

Nice looking knife. I had heard of Assisted openers for a long time before I tried one. Had always thought it was some kind of gimmick. I finally tried one and was shocked at how nice it was and that it was legal here. Always liked auto knives but this state says no way. So after I saw how the assisted worked I was sold. A group I belong too for Kel-Tec, guy who owns it mentioned CRKT. So I tried one of theirs and been buying ever since. A few of my "leave around for work" knives started out life as EDC's. When replaced with something else they often got rotated into the general use. Only reason I carry the SOG now is I bought one for a co worker for a gift. I was so impressed by how light it is I bought another for me and replaced my CRKT Hissatsu. They are nice EDC knives but the damn SOG feels like maybe half the weight. Cary so much crap at work every thing I can do to lighten the load is welcome. :D

So, I've been starting a mini EDC knife collection here.
Watching the sales and taking advantage.
Here's what I have so far...

Ontario Knife RAT-1 (Jeff Randall)
Great knife.
Large, but works for EDC

Ontario Knife RAT-2
Little brother.
Another great, budget knife.

Kershaw Leek (Ken Onion)
Elegant design.
Fast, assisted deployment

GANZO FH41 (Wun Hun Lo)
I think this could be best $25 knife on the market
Shaped, G10 scales
Nested, polished SS frame
Strong detent
Ball bearing pivot
D2 steel
Flipper, opens fast without assist
Polished, skeletonized, SS deep carry clip

Last Edited:
Have one of these on the way - the CRKT CEO
1576438309948.png
Looks like a pen if you carry it in your shirt pocket so it can fly under the radar..
1576438407572.png

Kershaw Cryo II. I'm on my 2nd. I lost my original a few months ago, I carried my backup blade for a while, then my cousin surprised me with an early Christmas present by giving me a new blackwash version of the Cryo II. Love that the open assist, love the handle shape, the blade shape is great for a general working knife, and it's a way better knife than it should be for $40.

I will be putting one of these into the rotation very soon. Just got these in and in my opinion these are the best under $150 otf knives on the market.
Thanks
James

20191212_120949.jpg

Used to carry a nice Benchmade until it fell out of my pocket and I crushed it with the excavator. :(

Now I carry a 7 dollar Stanley that takes replaceable utility blades :)

Since I work in a Sheeple-zone, I don't carry a knife. I do carry a tool - Leatherman Skeletool. I also have a Razor knife 'cause the powers that be approve that for use on site -- ( Since 1976 when I entered the work force I have seen more issues with box cutters and their like, than with any knife. )

1579124153441.png Benchmade Impel (stock photo). It's a very small auto, so small it's legal in California! (<2") I keep it clipped to my pocket. Handy for opening packages and other small tasks. The blade springs open FAST and it's just a fun knife to pop open for no particular reason. :)

Ontario RAT2 with the D2 tool steel blade, excellent value, keeps sharp edge better than the AUS8 and can take a beating.

Only issue I've had is the screws for the retaining clip loosen over time so I suggest adding blue Loctite thread locker.

View attachment 650300Benchmade Impel (stock photo). It's a very small auto, so small it's legal in California! (<2") I keep it clipped to my pocket. Handy for opening packages and other small tasks. The blade springs open FAST and it's just a fun knife to pop open for no particular reason. :)

Except autos are illegal in Commiefornia, so there's that.

This is my small blade.
CQC-7B

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top