JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I was to collect or if it was a bushcraft knife it would be another story, but because I use my knives out in the field (work) for small odd jobs and mostly just utilitarian purposes the China made stuff pretty much does what I need it for same goes for the multitool. YMMV

Just watch out for your fingers. Those cheap knives can close on you real easy.

If I was to collect or if it was a bushcraft knife it would be another story, but because I use my knives out in the field (work) for small odd jobs and mostly just utilitarian purposes the China made stuff pretty much does what I need it for same goes for the multitool. YMMV
You should give one of those Opinel knives a shot. They're cheap, that #6 in the photo ^^ (not actually mine) prolly cost me something like $12, they come real sharp and are easy to make razor sharp and they have character. Getchu one! :D

That is sexy.

Thank you! I'm surprisingly fond of it, it was a gift a year ago and I work it hard in and around salt water and seems to be holding up pretty well minus the pocket clip. That thing broke within a month.

Overall I'm really impressed with it, I think my lady paid something around $30 for it.

nothing fancy, Para 3 LW

SP-C223PBK.jpg

Among a few others, I have this one inbound (black).
$25
D2 steel
G10 scales
Ball bearing pivot
Nested frame (liner)
Deep carry clip

GANZO FH41

Best Budget Knife ?

Last Edited:
A POS Benchmade Griptilian,
Olive Green scales, sheep foot ½ serrated blade.

IMG_9473.jpeg
I wish I never bought it knowing their (as a company) position on aspects in Oregon pertaining to my rights.

I can't just shelve a $120 blade though, that's not in me.

I was after a 154CM or an S30V steel blade that was comfortable and was half serrated. This one fit the price and comfort at the time.
Looking for a different one at some point when the stars align. I've always kept it sharp and on thanksgiving, my index finger pressed on the serrated part, went into my finger like it was butter just by pressing. That bled a lot.

Gerber Remix Tactical - cause I like Tanto blades...

View attachment 638994
I have one of these mounted to the pistol magnet in the car. It's something my wife got me thinking it was what I needed not knowing I always have the other knife on me. So it stays in the car 'just in case' I need to cut a seatbelt or the throat of a deer that was hit. Sharp as bubblegum after a good sharpening.

Last Edited:
Makes sense. If you use your knife all the time for random field stuff you're more likely to break a tip off or whatever. I do have some "utility" type knives for things like that but I don't EDC them. :)
I do same. My EDC knives are never used for "tools" as they are not carried for that. I keep so many cheaper ones knocking around have no idea how many there are. Free knives from places and such are great for this. The kind that if I break it or is some way bugger it up I can just toss it. Same if I am using it around the house and leave it outside and forget it, no loss.

A POS Benchmade Griptilian,
Olive Green scales, sheep foot ½ serrated blade.

View attachment 639318
I wish I never bought it knowing their (as a company) position on aspects in Oregon pertaining to my rights.

I can't just shelve a $120 blade though, that's not in me.

I was after a 154CM or an S30V steel blade that was comfortable and was half serrated. This one fit the price and comfort at the time.
Looking for a different one at some point when the stars align. I've always kept it sharp and on thanksgiving, my index finger pressed on the serrated part, went into my finger like it was butter just by pressing. That bled a lot.

I too was sad to see what they did a while back and will not buy again. I have 2 of their Mel Pardue knives though that I am of course not going to toss due to what they cost. They do make nice knives but, so do a lot of other places that did not pull that publicity stunt they chose to do. So the 2 I have will be my last from them. If no one else made a decent knife I would ignore them and buy but, there is plenty of others to give my money too.

Either a blue Case knife or one of the aforementioned Opinels, you really can't beat the Opinel for the price, good carbon steel, easy to strip to base components and the simple but genius locking collar. I used to carry a spyderco and miss the clip sometimes but since I traded a uniform for civilian garb I like to have options and both case and opinel make easy to sharpen quality blades that won't break the bank.

4387B51B-0B66-4248-833D-3CE034A1EB61.jpeg C81188E1-FCA9-47D4-AA10-627DC7E6A0BB.jpeg

SOG Flash II.

It's cheaper to buy on Amazon than direct from SOG.

SOG Flash II.

Lots of fakes on Amazon, eBay, and others - be careful.

I carry these three the most.

ZT 0450 (S35VN steel), when I'm wearing slacks, shirt, tie. Slim and elegant and not so large as to freak-out non-knife/firearms people if I use it.

ZT 0560 (Elmax steel), when I'm in the woods, kayaking, etc. Big, tough monster. Not the sharpest tack on the block, but tough to break.

Spyderco Para 2 (S30VN steel), for all other times, which is about 90% of EDC carry. Light, sharp, smooth action.

Knives.jpg

SOG Flash II.

It's common for manufacturers who sell their stuff both wholesale and retail to sell it at or close to MSRP when they sell direct. They don't want to make retailers mad. Amazon buys in such huge quantity that they get a better price since they are buying a pallet of them from the Co.
I have had and still have a few CRKT knives that I bought off Amazon. Always seem to have the best price and super fast shipping.

I always carry a skeletool for tool use but as a last resort could be used for self defense. This is one item that if I ever lost it I would replace it immediately. I love knives and respect knives of quality but for defense IMO a tiny gun is better than a knife (and in some cases the gun is smaller) despite the tiny gun's limitations of having to hit the right spot and close range use.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top