Oregon Rifleworks
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Defensive Arts
J&B Firearm Sales
Sporting Systems
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

What Is Your EDC Knife ?

Reactions
My EDC for about the last 35 years has been one of two identical Victorinox Adventurers. Can't get them anymore so I am glad I got the second one. Both blades are a bit worn from sharpening. I might add a picture later. This knife is light and very functional. I don't carry a knife for personal defense. That's just me.

skeetshtr

Reactions
My dad gave me a folding pocket knife when I was 10 years old. Never left the house without one since. I love benchmades and spydercos. as you can tell from the pictures my knives are well used and loved. Benchmade 941, benchmade bugout 535, spyderco endura, Benchmade 806

IMG_2630.JPG

OP
DirectDrive

DirectDrive

Reactions
Reactions
As stated in other posts, I lose mine all the time.. after losing some high quality ones I shy away from dropping coin on blades..
So now I buy china stuff or just use my Leatherman multitools as a primary knife since my knives are just glorified box/wire/twine cutters anyway.

As stated in other posts, I lose mine all the time.. after losing some high quality ones I shy away from dropping coin on blades..
So now I buy china stuff or just use my Leatherman multitools as a primary knife since my knives are just glorified box/wire/twine cutters anyway.
I don't buy cheap schitt when it comes to stuff like this. Of course, I don't lose things generally speaking either. :D

Joe13

Reactions
I carried a Kershaw blur like this for 14 years.

B8F34FD5-CBA4-4093-B780-276CA47AF3DD.png

Got to be a little sentimental so when I needed a work knife that I could abuse a bit without loosing sleep I bought an Esee Avispa.

To my surprise it has held up fairly well and has a very thin profile. No assisted open but I can flip it out plenty fast.

I really like the Kershaw assisted’s. I can open the ones I have as fast as a springed auto without a thought.

F9D97911-BB2C-4EBD-829E-73D7E94F9D45.jpeg
94851C67-B299-487C-A46B-D0261B2E5B40.jpeg

knifeworks.com has some really good prices over Amazon.

Reactions
I don't buy cheap schitt when it comes to stuff like this. Of course, I don't lose things generally speaking either. :D
If I was to collect or if it was a bushcraft knife it would be another story, but because I use my knives out in the field (work) for small odd jobs and mostly just utilitarian purposes the China made stuff pretty much does what I need it for same goes for the multitool. YMMV

If I was to collect or if it was a bushcraft knife it would be another story, but because I use my knives out in the field (work) for small odd jobs and mostly just utilitarian purposes the China made stuff pretty much does what I need it for same goes for the multitool. YMMV
Makes sense. If you use your knife all the time for random field stuff you're more likely to break a tip off or whatever. I do have some "utility" type knives for things like that but I don't EDC them. :)

E4mafia

Reactions
Makes sense. If you use your knife all the time for random field stuff you're more likely to break a tip off or whatever. I do have some "utility" type knives for things like that but I don't EDC them. :)
speaking of. I seen a couple of those M&P knives at bi-mart for $20, was gonna ask you if they would serve well for just opening cardboard and slashing bags of chips on the job.

Obviously I prefer my Kershaw but thats more reserved for actual duties and not just making it dull.

LATEST REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been party to a couple transactions with Steve and he is a great guy to deal with.
    • titsonritz
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Purchased two handguns there and have one on consignment now nice folks!
    • rl280
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to help my buddy with his purchase and ended up trading in a 1911 towards a CZ SP-01 Tactical. They gave a higher price that some of the...
    • nosbocaj
  • Lincoln City Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    They have a good selection of firearms and ammo - their prices are very good - and the service if exceptional.
    • python287
  • Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    My Yugo M48 was in dire need of a face lift after removing the sights a few years ago, so I contacted Tim to have it Cerakoted. He was very good...
    • arrowshooter

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online