JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A rifleman is simply someone who's primarily equipped with a rifle :p

Beyond that, there's marksmanship, "sniping", and speed accurate shooting :rolleyes:

A gunman is someone who is equipped with guns obviously; and usually have some measure of skills and proficiency in gun handling.

So really, it comes down to.. how skilled and proficient can you train to get to, and is the title that important? :rolleyes::cool:

What about "ammosexual" how to we define that?

Shooting in "Practical Rifle" matches often, I would offer that rifleman must also shoot from cover. In matches doing otherwise usually results in a penalty.

A rifleman not shooting from cover is just a target shooter (shootist??)

Ad Topperwein shooting at more than 72,000 hand thrown blocks 2½ inches in diameter, and missing only nine—his longest run without a miss was 14,540. I would call Ad a Rifleman ;)

I know Appleseed gives out patches for Rifleman. I'm the kind of guy that would enjoy an Appleseed event but I wouldn't take a patch even if I "earned" it. I'm not the type to display or show off what I can do. Nor do I care about titles such as "Rifleman".
Earning rifleman is a thing I don't wear my patch either but I earned it and that's cool

A rifleman is simply someone who's primarily equipped with a rifle :p

Beyond that, there's marksmanship, "sniping", and speed accurate shooting :rolleyes:

A gunman is someone who is equipped with guns obviously; and usually have some measure of skills and proficiency in gun handling.

So really, it comes down to.. how skilled and proficient can you train to get to, and is the title that important? :rolleyes::cool:
A rifleman is more than that.

Number one, we need to get in shape, number two we need to shoot, number three, we need to learn self-defense, and number four, we need to study small-unit tactics… If you do not have 5,000 rounds of .223, 5,000 rounds of .22 and 1,000 rounds of handgun ammo, as a minimum, you're wrong. We need to train our families how to shoot as well. We need to get food. We need to have a year's supply of food, two years supply of seeds, we need to have a year's supply of sundry items. That's what it means to be an American. We prepare for the worst but hope for the best.
- Home - Matt Shea
"If you do not have 5,000 rounds of .223... ...you're wrong." - Rep. Matt Shea

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews