JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have to agree with Blitzkrieg.

I have 2 PTR91's with 1 in 10 twist 18 inch heavy barrels. both Rifles are the 91F models. Both have stock triggers. I have a Bill Williams trigger for one but wont put it on until i acquire another one. The only difference is the stock. I put a Magpul stock on mine and haven't gotten my wife one for her gun yet...(it was her Christmas present)

On my Ptr i ranged 196 yards with a 8-40x56 scope i shot 3 shots after sighting in the rifle and center to center on the group was 3/4s of an inch.

On Thursday i shot my wifes for the first time. Open sights i used the 200 yard peep as i prefer that to the v-notch. at 100 yards i put 3 bullets in a 1 inch group. 2 bullets were in the same hole and the 3rd i felt like i had pulled the shot. I cant wait to get a magpul stock, bipod, and scope on it and see just how accurate it really is.
When i first started shooting them (147 grain MilSurp)the 2 inch to 3 inch groups weren't all that impressive. Then i shot 168 grain ballistic tip hornady and the guns LOVED it! Huge difference in accuracy

I had a Century made CETME for a little while. Meh.... for me it wasn't a fun gun to shoot. Was a pain to clean, and bent up the brass. Bought a SCAR-17 and never looked back. Knew I'd never shoot the CETME again so I sold it.
The SCAR is pretty much the softest shooting .308 available. At times I shoot it more than my AR. I don't see myself selling the SCAR unless I really needed the money or some life changing event happened. If I could only have 1 long gun, it would be the SCAR over any AR.

M1A

e48a7975.jpg

44F604EF-E4E2-4701-8BC5-B9FD6D4634A1-195-0000003C271EEEC7.jpg

I might be a bit biased though... :)

iPhone205_zpsc435c81e.jpg

I had a Century made CETME for a little while. Meh.... for me it wasn't a fun gun to shoot. Was a pain to clean, and bent up the brass. Bought a SCAR-17 and never looked back. Knew I'd never shoot the CETME again so I sold it.
The SCAR is pretty much the softest shooting .308 available. At times I shoot it more than my AR. I don't see myself selling the SCAR unless I really needed the money or some life changing event happened. If I could only have 1 long gun, it would be the SCAR over any AR.

Century quality is hit and miss, especially with the roller locks, so last weekend I was surprised with the new to me Century AK47 and it's total reliability

PTR is a huge move up, quality wise

My Century was totally reliable. After picking it up from a friend I started reading all the negative reviews and all the things to look for. I think I got lucky with mine. I just didn't enjoy shooting it. If I were to get another CETME/G3. I think I'd get an actual G3/SAR. But for that money, there's several other firearms I'd get first.

My Century was totally reliable. After picking it up from a friend I started reading all the negative reviews and all the things to look for. I think I got lucky with mine. I just didn't enjoy shooting it. If I were to get another CETME/G3. I think I'd get an actual G3/SAR. But for that money, there's several other firearms I'd get first.

The Greek G3 types were good guns, but do consider PTR. I love both of mine and yes I do own an original 91A3 to compare them with

Light weight is nice when you have to hump the rifle a long way, or for a long time, but when it comes time to send a round downrange, mass counts in recoil reduction, which counts on consistency after many rounds. I have a personal bias toward the M-1A, since it came into service replacing the M-1 when I was active. Mine is set up with a bipod and scope for long range work. It's not ideal for close quarters. There I would go with a smaller caliber for agility. Weight of the ammunition is another consideration, but frankly 7.62/.30 cal. is the answer for a main battle rifle.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top