JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Amish_HK.jpg

How about something a little different? Remington 760 chambered in .308. It's just as reliable as an 870 and it flies under the radar as an "assault rifle". Fans fondly refer to them as an Amish HK. I'm sure to get blasted because it is not a true battle rifle, but it's familiar, affordable and parts are readily available.

Amish_HK.jpg

Saiga .308 (converted if course) only downside is the non military spec mags.. Even the steel ones are super rough around the edges.
Next in line, Semi auto G3 variants.

And if i had the cash.. A socom 16 :)

For the guns that I have:

Bolt action 5r Rem700 is very fun and accurate.
FAL: Fun in a semi-auto.
M1A: Used, but new to me. I just got this, and will be sighting it in soon.

Remington 660
Ishapore Enfield w/12rd. box mags
Savage Model 11/Nikon combo
FAL(it's a Century, but I've never had a problem with it)

The Ishapore Enfield is an underrated gun. The 12 round mag and the $200 price tag are tough to beat. If I ever need to shoot multiple targets from a fixed position, that's the one. If I need to be mobile, it gets left behind.

I suppose it all depends on context. For social work and turning cover into concealment and all that SHTF type jazz, I'd want something completely reliable. I'm not certain the ARs in 308 have got that really on lock down yet, and M1As/M-14s with their open top action can be finicky, too. So, in my mind that makes my choices an FAL, an HK G3/CETME/PTR, or a Saiga/VEPR in 308.

On the other hand, if I'm wanting to reach out and touch someone, then that's the purview of a bolt gun.

Just my 2¢.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top