JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have resealed spaghetti three different times and I can not get a good tight package like I get with rice or beans. I originally just thought that I didn't package them right but after my third attempt I am confused. It is like there is a leak in my bag or the oxygen absorber isn't doing it's job. What gives?

I use my vacuum packing machines rubber hose attachment to suck as much of the air out of the mylar package as possible before I complete the seal.
That way, the oxygen absorber gets a head start.
Irregular shaped pasta has a lot of air space around each piece, so unless you add extra absorbers you really need to suck as much air out as you can.

Leave the pasta in the original bag, poke a few holes in the side of the packages to let the air out, then place in the mylar.
I had a similar problem with my salmon fillets. The small sharp bones would poke holes in the vacuum bags, so I wrap the fish in some saran wrap first, then vacuum pack.

Last Edited:
Yeah I think that the spaghetti poking holes makes the most sense. The odds that I got a bad seal on all 3 bags all 3 times just doesn't make sense.

Thinking maybe pasta was the problem, I tried to seal 2 pounds of large elbow mac last night and it sealed great. I think that I will just phase my spaghetti out with different pastas.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top