JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It has been over a week since someone started a thread about the prices on here,but they may go up soon.
Every time I look at the Washington ads now,most of the guns are sold.Seems we are buying up the guns on here.
Haven't looked at the Oregon side.Are the guns going pretty fast over there?
Is it the tax money coming in?
What ever I like to see it.

Mike

I'll tell you one thing I have noticed is many people have no issue with posting used firearms for brand new prices, or even ABOVE msrp. Local ads, online, you name it, you almost might as well buy brand new from the factory for what you are gonna pay for a used gun these days.

That said, it seems a quality firearm is a great investment, as they hold their value so dang well. :)

I've noticed the prices on pistols more than rifles. I see a lot of rifles for a pretty good mark down, but people seem to want an arm and a leg for their pistols!

Depends on the gun, release date, manufacturer, demand, etc etc. The spring of 2008 I purchased a Brand NEW FNP .45 from a retail establishment for $425.00. Just last week I saw another one for sale at another store and they were asking $685.00??????????????? What the flip? The ONLY thing that is different is the bottom plate on the magazine is contoured and a little thicker! That pretty much blew my mind! A $260.00 price increase in just under 4 years is a little nuts if you ask me, and I have seem them for sale used for over $600. Something is run amok!

Depends on the gun, release date, manufacturer, demand, etc etc. The spring of 2008 I purchased a Brand NEW FNP .45 from a retail establishment for $425.00. Just last week I saw another one for sale at another store and they were asking $685.00??????????????? What the flip? The ONLY thing that is different is the bottom plate on the magazine is contoured and a little thicker! That pretty much blew my mind! A $260.00 price increase in just under 4 years is a little nuts if you ask me, and I have seem them for sale used for over $600. Something is run amok!

New prices have been going up like Real Estate did before the boom. Most of what I purchased new 5 years ago is still worth what I paid for it even though it's used now. Though I didn't pay retail when I purchased which helps.

AR15 prices are starting to decrease or normalize i guess and AK prices are going up. This time of the year prices usually goes up because of the tax return. Some are getting money back and other need to cover unpaid taxes so might as well list high prices and hope for the best. Honestly though, there's always deals to be had just like there's always some overprice, way way overprice, items on the classifieds.

Sure is true, the FN 5.7x28 I paid $750 for new is over $1,000 today

so lets all be like car salesman and hose everyone ................. not

How is everyone getting hosed?

I have NEVER gotten hosed. I know what something is worth and how much I am willing to pay for it. End of story. If you pay more then something is worth or over pay for something that is not the sellers fault, it is the buyers. I have taken risks on items and not always come out ahead, but I did not get hosed, I paid what I THOUGHT (vs knew) it was worth or could be worth.

Those may not always be the same thing but both are willful choices. I may pay over value for something I really want, or want it quicker. I may not even be willing to pay 50% of what something is worth if I dont want it.

How is everyone getting hosed?

I have NEVER gotten hosed. I know what something is worth and how much I am willing to pay for it. End of story. If you pay more then something is worth or over pay for something that is not the sellers fault, it is the buyers. I have taken risks on items and not always come out ahead, but I did not get hosed, I paid what I THOUGHT (vs knew) it was worth or could be worth.

Those may not always be the same thing but both are willful choices. I may pay over value for something I really want, or want it quicker. I may not even be willing to pay 50% of what something is worth if I dont want it.

+1

Any item anyone is selling is worth EXACTLY what someone else is willing to pay for it. No more, no less.

I deal with this problem all of the time. Part of me would say wait till a deal comes up and then buy it. A few days later I would give into my obsession and buy a firearm at whatever i deemed a fair price. The extra cost is basically to settle my own internal debate about pricing more than anything else. Look at it this way:
Don't think about trying to save a dollar instead think about how you can an extra $5

I think used values on firearms are inflated as a result of the fact they could be purchased and not linked to the new buyer. I think that is a underlying factor in why people will pay near new prices for used firearms. I'm sure each buyer has a different motive for wanting the "off the record" purchase, but it has to be a slight market adjuster.

"Hey it's pretty much new, and never in my name, guess i'll pay full retail for it, and no FFL fees saves me $35!"

I bet if new could be purchased the same as private party used the values would come done on used stuff a bit.

+1

Any item anyone is selling is worth EXACTLY what someone else is willing to pay for it. No more, no less.

not going to spend alot of time, however within the last week i saw a kel tec pf 9 for $300.00 used on this site, and a new one at nw armory for $270.00
also in the past week i saw a s&w airweight 38 spl used for $375.00. i just purchased a new one on sunday for $360.00 same mod 442-2.

Guys guys guys,I was talking about how fast some of the guns were going on here.

See the joke part at the top?
I could care less if someone over inflates the prices.It will sell or they will lower the price or keep the gun.

I was making an observation on how many adds were closed in both sections of the Washington gun classifieds.

It has to be the tax returns coming in. Both on the number of guns moving and the inflated prices. People are getting big checks back and they treat it like free money so they seem to be willing to pay more.Also look at the number of new members buying em up! Most of them only see prices at the big box stores so they see one on here for $30 less and buy it not knowing that they are still overpaying by $50. It happens all the time! I have seen guys selling used SA 1911A1 for $750 with a couple small upgrades and people buy em. online the same gun sells for $575! But they sell!!! I dont blame the sellers but pretty risky knowing the guy you kinda took now has a weapon readily available! LOL! But as always buyer beware.

:s0155:
It has to be the tax returns coming in. Both on the number of guns moving and the inflated prices. People are getting big checks back and they treat it like free money so they seem to be willing to pay more.Also look at the number of new members buying em up! Most of them only see prices at the big box stores so they see one on here for $30 less and buy it not knowing that they are still overpaying by $50. It happens all the time! I have seen guys selling used SA 1911A1 for $750 with a couple small upgrades and people buy em. online the same gun sells for $575! But they sell!!! I dont blame the sellers but pretty risky knowing the guy you kinda took now has a weapon readily available! LOL! But as always buyer beware.
dakaham. i see you are a seasoned senior member that has bought and sold items. you are the first of this kind to agree on the stupid prices and not opose or send a pic of someone "beeting a dead horse" ect ect ect. kudo's to ya

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top