JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Nosler prices for bullets and brass have gone from competitive to more than their better quality competitors. Lapua brass is cheaper. Sierra match bullets are the same price now. Berger hunting bullets are significantly cheaper.

All these companies are dealing with the same inflation costs. What has caused Nosler to price themselves out? They have a good reputation but not the best of the best like the others I mentioned.

Nosler prices for bullets and brass have gone from competitive to more than their better quality competitors. Lapua brass is cheaper. Sierra match bullets are the same price now. Berger hunting bullets are significantly cheaper.

All these companies are dealing with the same inflation costs. What has caused Nosler to price themselves out? They have a good reputation but not the best of the best like the others I mentioned.

There's only one word for it…. "Overhead".

Lack of supply is driving the price for their stuff and they're making bank on it. Keep the supply low and you can charge more, a lot of companies did that and used covid as an excess to make more money.

Nosler has raised their prices and they are harder to obtain. I don't think anybody is real happy with it but what hasn't gone up. Bergers hunting bullets may be cheaper, but I wouldn't consider them better quality by any means. Price is supply and demand related, and there is likely more demand for nosler bullets than the other brands. If you believe bergers are better and they are cheaper why not just buy and use them?

Last Edited:
Wars elevate demand (and cost) on materials used in the construction of ammunitions. 🇺🇦

Edit to add Reference...

Last Edited:
While not disparaging other brands, nor addressing the "whats up" in the title, as for the highly likely subjective statement of "Better"; among other critters, every big game animal hit with my handloaded Noslers over the last fifty years has nearly instantly dropped dead on the spot. A considerable number, lending prudence to not changing what works....and works extremely well.
I don't do the bulk of target shooting with them so cost are begrudgingly accepted considering their faithful service to me.

I regularly buy their deeply discounted factory seconds and never found any degradation in performance. There may be cosmetic differences.

edit: I'm in the Bend area where local pickup is an option. However, they regularly sell these online and often offer free shipping for $100+ orders.

Last Edited:
If you believe bergers are better and they are cheaper why not just buy and use them?
For low volume shooting like hunting, there is a time and cost to changing bullets eaten up in confirming accuracy of the load and shooting at distances to confirm new drops. I have avoided chasing BC or the newest greatest bullet construction. However, there is a break even point where the benefits and cost of changing may become worth it. I think Nosler prices have reached that point unless their higher cost is temporary. If all was equal, I would buy local first.

I don't do the bulk of target shooting with them so cost are begrudgingly accepted considering their faithful service to me.
I use 1000's of target bullets a year. In my sport the majority of bullets do not have to be the most accurate but maintaing or improving skill requires lots of bullets. It becomes a balance of accuracy of the bullet and cost. Nosler was a good balance. Not so much now. Bergers and Sierra were the leaders and now their cost/accuracy balance is easily competitive with Nosler. As my inventory dwindles in the next year or so, I will be watching for prices for my next bulk purchases. Again, if Noslers prices are temporarily inflated it may influence my purchase timing and brand.

In my own experience, Nosler has always been more expensive than the main line majors. But always prettier.

Several times, I've looked at Nosler bullet seconds or overruns online, they were never discounted enough to tempt me.

Nosler is a boutique brand catering to high end hunting ammo brands and reloaders who are going for terminal ballistics that they believe to be better than other brands. They will be the first ones to say so. I only buy their seconds and only then because they are the only ones to make a decent projectile in that caliber.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top