JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just received in an alert email, but no link.........

EX-WIFE OF MURDER VICTIM ARRESTED ON AMMUNITION CHARGES

News Release from Tigard Police
Posted on FlashAlert: April 10th, 2015 4:07 PM
On Thursday, April 9, 2015, Tigard Police assisted ATF with the arrest of 35 year-old Lauren Nguyen. The arrest took place at approximately 7:30 a.m. near her Tigard residence. Nguyen was indicted on a federal warrant stemming from the unlawful purchase of ammunition which was recorded on video surveillance. Investigators suspect there may be a connection between the ammunition purchased and the fatal shooting of her ex-husband Jerry Nguyen in Tigard on January 30, 2015. Nguyen was taken into custody without incident and booked into the Federal Detention Center in Portland.

Orlando Lee Pouncey is currently being held in the Washington County Jail for allegedly shooting Jerry Nguyen. Pouncey was arrested and charged with the murder after U.S. Marshalls located him in Spanaway, Washington ten days after the shooting incident. Pouncey and Lauren Nguyen were in a relationship.

http://www.pamplinmedia.com/bvt/15-...rrested-in-tigard-murder-case-of-jerry-nguyen
Jim Wolf, a Tigard Police spokesman, said that video surveillance showed Lauren Nguyen buying ammunition.

Lauren Nguyen was prohibited from purchasing ammunition because of an earlier arrest record, Wolf said.

Wolf said that investigators now believe that there was a connection between the purchase of ammunition and her ex-husband's death.

https://www.atf.gov/content/firearm...ns-unlicensed-persons#possession-restrictions

Q: Are there certain persons who cannot legally receive or possess firearms and/or ammunition?

Yes, a person who —

1. Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year;
  2. Is a fugitive from justice;
  3. Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;
  4. Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution;
  5. Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States or an alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa;
  6. Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
  7. Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his or her citizenship;
  8. Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner; or
  9. Has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
  10. Cannot lawfully receive, possess, ship, or transport a firearm.
A person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year cannot lawfully receive a firearm.

Such person may continue to lawfully possess firearms obtained prior to the indictment or information.

[18 U.S.C. 922(g) and (n), 27 CFR 478.32]

Protective Orders It is a federal crime for persons subject to qualifying protective orders to possess firearms or ammunition. In addition to Family Abuse Prevention Act (FAPA) Restraining Orders, firearms restrictions may apply to orders issued pursuant to the Elderly Persons and Persons with Disabilities Abuse Prevention Act (EPPDAPA), civil Stalking cases, and pretrial release conditions and probation conditions in criminal cases.

http://courts.oregon.gov/OJD/OSCA/cpsd/courtimprovement/familylaw/Pages/FL_Firearms.aspx

Okay, so she was prohibited by law from owning ammunition and she didn't follow the law? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you :confused: Seriously though, this could cause even more trouble for us if the anti's decide to jump on it. Imagine the UBC's for ammo purchases.

Funny thing is, Sen. Thatcher's proposed amendment may have prevented her from buying that ammo in the first place. But since Sen. Prozanski is more concerned about the rights of felons and about making them feel bad for carrying a marked license, I guess that idea, which could have stopped her, will have to fade into oblivion.

This story proves one thing we've all been saying - criminals don't follow laws!

Okay, so she was prohibited by law from owning ammunition and she didn't follow the law? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you :confused: Seriously though, this could cause even more trouble for us if the anti's decide to jump on it. Imagine the UBC's for ammo purchases...........

....... This story proves one thing we've all been saying - criminals don't follow laws!

Be careful. Don't be giving them more ideas. Illinois has a Firearms Owner Identification (FOID) card. It's issued similar to a CHL and is required for ammunition purchase. You're even required by law to notify the state police within 21 days if you move, and then you must re-apply for a card.

Be careful. Don't be giving them more ideas. Illinois has a Firearms Owner Identification (FOID) card. It's issued similar to a CHL and is required for ammunition purchase. You're even required by law to notify the state police within 21 days if you move, and then you must re-apply for a card.

I have a feeling they've had that idea for years. It's all a matter of what they think they can push through and when. If they win the SB 941 battle, it will be interesting to see how that energizes them to take the next step, starting with SB 945. Full on registration, ID cards, ammo bans, magazine capacity bans, gun bans, they won't stop until they have taken every gun out of the hand of every person (well, save for their own goons, of course).

I have a feeling they've had that idea for years. It's all a matter of what they think they can push through and when. If they win the SB 941 battle, it will be interesting to see how that energizes them to take the next step, starting with SB 945. Full on registration, ID cards, ammo bans, magazine capacity bans, gun bans, they won't stop until they have taken every gun out of the hand of every person (well, save for their own goons, of course).

And the people that say F. U.

I'll take dead in a bag over life in (literal) chains.

It's analogous to, "give me liberty or give me death!"

If you disagree with me then you're a racist homophobe who hates women and wants to kill all the whales and baby seals, and destroy the earth via global warming. o_O

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads