JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
image.jpg

Looking at a house to buy. Out back, found this in the little building the chicken coupe is at.
Meth cooker?
Moonshine ?

image.jpg

I might 'buy' the wood fired hot water heater theory as the lower line could have been the cold in and the top line the hot out but the union on the top with the copper line is the wild card. Does it have a removable lid so you can look inside?

I might 'buy' the wood fired hot water heater theory as the lower line could have been the cold in and the top line the hot out but the union on the top with the copper line is the wild card. Does it have a removable lid so you can look inside?

Not sure. I can check. Should I wear a mask?

Well if you are like me you HAVE to figure out what it is or it will plague you for the rest of your life! Is there any particular 'scent' coming from the room or the object? I would take it outside and knock the lid off - or shoot it full of holes.

It looks like a heat exchanger of some sort. At one point we were going to make one so the wood stove could pre-heat water before it went to the water heater. Not sure from the pic what this one was intended for.

From the picture, it looks like a water jacked cooling tank. The green & yellow lines are for cooling the coil of pipe inside.
Could have been used for a still at one time, but more then likely for manufacturing meth now.
That's my best guess.
You might want to investigate this a little further with your realtor and also the neighbors.
Ask them about what went on in the house lately.

I'm guessing a condenser for a still, vapors in at the top, hooch out at the bottom, two lines on the side for water in and out.
A sealed condenser makes sense, much easier to control flow than an open topped condenser.
Don't think I'd want to drink any "shine" made with it though, too many non-copper/stainless steel fittings and such.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top