JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
No idea what this is. No name, no caliber, no seriel number other then maybe the number 34 clearly printed on the trigger.

It does have three proof marks. One is a crown, one a crown with a star above it and the last is the letter U.

revolver4.jpg

revolver5.jpg

Revolver1.jpg

Revolver2.jpg

Revolver3.jpg

The proof-mark led me to a photo of a Gerard type revolver out of Liege, Belgium. There are a few visual discrepancies, but its as close as I could find. For a more definitive ID, I would start with old Belgian and French designs.

The proof-mark led me to a photo of a Gerard type revolver out of Liege, Belgium. There are a few visual discrepancies, but its as close as I could find. For a more definitive ID, I would start with old Belgian and French designs.

My first thought was a Lemat, but after more careful inspection, I agree with you MountainBear, definaly Belgian. Might even be a pin fire.

Doesn't look like a pin-fire to me. I think if it is a pin-fire, then it has to have reliefs cut out of the cylinder for the pin to stick up through so the hammer can strike it. This does not appear to be present on this revolver, so I would say it is not a pin-fire.

Old, European and post pin fire. Best I can do. There were lots and lots of small revolver smiths not to mention the large established company's churning out pieces like this in that era.

This style of pistol is referred to as "belgium bulldog" as many of similar styled revolvers were mass produced with no serial #'s and nothing more than a proof mark while it is possible you could identify the maker I doubt it.

This style of pistol is referred to as "belgium bulldog" as many of similar styled revolvers were mass produced with no serial #'s and nothing more than a proof mark while it is possible you could identify the maker I doubt it.

Thank you for your help everyone. I started out having great fun trying to figure out what it was, but, that fun turned to a little frustration as time passed.
The input here has given me a better idea where to look so off I go again.
Oh, and no, it is not a pin fire. I have had that confirmed by a local gunsmith who was unsure about the maker. He suggested that it was an early Mauser revolver. The issue is I could never confirm that theory ;-)

Belgian Ordnance Pistol. Late 1870's Model. many of these were used through the First World War, and Beyond. Italians were known to have quite a few of them also...Only Revolver Known to Have a Safety Lever. This one would Have been Used By The Alpinie Mountain Troops During WW1...Nice Piece. To bad the grip is busted...Other Than That, Nice Piece

I see so many EZ to fix wooden grips and stocks, if wile not in battle or the heat of self defense should someone drop a gun and break the wood, Please keep the pieces as there are some real artists out there repairing things like this. Having the broken pieces makes it a simple repair. Using shellack sticks and an alcohol lamp a bit of blending powders [stain] touch of Qualasole. It is never to be seen again.
With the glues available to us today, there is just no excuse not to repair wooden parts properly.

I see so many EZ to fix wooden grips and stocks, if wile not in battle or the heat of self defense should someone drop a gun and break the wood, Please keep the pieces as there are some real artists out there repairing things like this. Having the broken pieces makes it a simple repair. Using shellack sticks and an alcohol lamp a bit of blending powders [stain] touch of Qualasole. It is never to be seen again.
With the glues available to us today, there is just no excuse not to repair wooden parts properly.

I just got the gun passed down to me literally five days ago. I am going to find someone local to Reno with woodworking skills as I have none at all. The grips will be fixed or replaced sometime soon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top