JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm guessing somebody here knows what this really is. Looks like a BBQ lighter and an air pistol had a baby.

The article says the Beaverton Police identified a weapon...as a "Ruger KMIII" that looks like this:

9689394_G.jpg
http://www.kptv.com/story/31012484/...d-in-earlier-shooting-in-beaverton-identified
http://www.kptv.com/story/31012484/...d-in-earlier-shooting-in-beaverton-identified

9689394_G.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:s0063: Looks like a lighter to me it does not look real or capable of firing a live round I would challenge the Police calling that a RUGER, I guess those will be on the Liberals hit list next :s0001:

It's an evil black assault rifle with an illegally shortened barrel. It probably has a high capacity clip too!

A Ruger KMIII....??? sheesh.... :confused:

i would imagine that in the dark, with the (gun) being waved around it may very well have been perceived by the officer as a mkiII. I bet that guy feels pretty silly about being involved in this "suicide by cop" scheme the perp played out on him. It's too bad people feel the need to go this route. Not really fair to the cop IMO.

I'll go with the air pistol crowd here.

Much more importantly, it is a prime example of pervasive ignorance in the police profession regarding firearms, while the general public is led to believe they are experts. The officer that is truly proficient in the use of his own duty weapon is fast becoming a rarity. The officer that has a reliable knowledge of firearms in general is almost an extinct species.

Thanks Larry.
All it took was a quick internet search with the words "break barrel air pistol".
Found it on page 13 If I remember right , on a gun auction site.
Took all about 2 minutes to find.
$55.00 and this Italian beauty can be yours ... LOL
Andy

I think it looks close enough to a Ruger to me, police only get a glance and a chance to live. I'd a shot him too! By the talk here I think most of you ought to give up your guns. I'll have a gun depository on my front porch.

The article says the Beaverton Police identified a weapon...as a "Ruger KMIII"
Hmm - I read the article and it said:
Karjalainen allegedly was threatening towards the officers and advanced toward them with a replica of a Ruger MKIII in his hand
'Replica' being the word that kept me from criticizing the Beaverton PD - but a better description might have been 'What appeared to be a firearm based on its appearance' or something to that effect and left it at that.

I am not judging any police officers actions while in the field.
I was not not there , so what do I know?
I am saying that it took me about 2 minutes to get an ID on the gun.
How hard is it to due a internet search after the shooting?
It also appears that the pistol has some sort of stampings on it , those might be a clue as to what it is ...
No need to give out the wrong information on a gun in the press release.
As noted in a earlier post better wording , no use of the word "replica" , would have been a wiser choice.
If you are "threatening towards officers" and "advanced toward" you might just get a bullet or two.
No issue there , the police have a duty and a right to defend themselves.
I can see how this air pistol , in the heat of the moment could look like a .22 pistol of some sort.
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top