JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am guessing on this but I believe there is a price floor that just about any operational firearm would sell for. I am thinking it might be around $50 (not including transfer fees). Anybody else think it could be higher or lower?

Edit: in the private market. I am sure pawn shops and gun stores have paid people less than $50 for an operational firearm recently.

Last Edited:
I haven't seen many sub $100. Those that were very basic (single shot .22LR or shotgun) or a used, spectacularly POS handgun (e.g., zinc derringers, the crappier Saturday night specials, etc.).

Didnt these guns used to be called "saturday night specials"?

Ive actually always wanted one for a truck gun but have never found one cheap enough to call it that.

I believe the worst Firearm I own simply has to be worth several times your figure but then I do like those Blued Guns with the High Quality Wood Stocks.

Not so long ago you could find many firearms in the $150 or less category.
And not just broken crap that don't work either...good , solid working guns like .22 rifles , single shot shotguns , "store name branded" guns....
But with :
A BGC for every private sale...
Transfer fees...in my area they are from $25-$40 dollars....
Shipping...

It just doesn't make dollar sense to try and sell and ship a good , low cost firearm anymore.
Local sales do make dollar sense , if you can find a buyer...but that is another story.
Andy

$50-75 for working, okay condition single shot shotguns or very old .22lr bolt action rifles seems to be the norm, if one looks around long and hard enough. I've heard of Hi points selling quickly for about that much for the handguns; and sometimes under $200 for a carbine, however thats private sales... I believe pawnshops have a sort of rule where they can only pay the seller 40% of the firearm's value, if even that?

A lot of Jennings on GunBroker that sold for around $50, but of course then you have to figure in the shipping, transfer, and background check fees. So would have to be a local buy and even then all you're saving is the shipping fee.

Back in the day I traded a Davis D-32 derringer for a used SOG Multitool. The SOG still works so I think I won on that deal.;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top