JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't get much long range shooting in on account of not having a real rifle currently, but...

300 yards, 12" plate, Ar-15 carbine w/ Eotech (not mine)
110 yards, 5 gal propane tank, Glock 17
120 yards, 12" plate, S&W 22a
230 yards (confirmed), Ground Squirrel, Savage Mk2 .22lr w/ Barska 3-9x

900 +/- a few meters with a M240B. They were far enough away I let a burst off and looked up to see them fall over, then it was back to work......

In the civilian world. 242 (lased) yards on a woodchuck with my Yugo SKS.

Soon after i got my PSL-54C, i went to a friend's house near Sweet Home who has 400 yards available to shoot. Took a while sightig in, but we were shooting milk jugs at 400 yards. I now have a better scope on that rifle and i can't wait to get back to his house.

I commonly hit orange trap targets that don't break at the end of a 100yd. outdoor range with my Glock G-17. I hit them 4 out of 5 times and the misses are within an inch of the clay. I have shot other pistols... my 2 45s and various other Glocks but don't even come close to the performance with the old beater G-17!!! :huh:

Back in the Military in the early 70's while in boot camp at fort lost in the woods misery. were would fire short range medium range long range

the targets would pop up at the same time. I would mow them all down full auto at 3 rd burst..what a hoot fun as hell.

won a 3 day pass 3 times in boot camp spent most of my time at 6 flags ms

ask me to do that today, i would have to be 5 ft from the target..lol

ok getting old just takes so damm long to get there..

Back in the Military in the early 70's while in boot camp at fort lost in the woods misery. were would fire short range medium range long range

the targets would pop up at the same time. I would mow them all down full auto at 3 rd burst..what a hoot fun as hell.

won a 3 day pass 3 times in boot camp spent most of my time at 6 flags ms

ask me to do that today, i would have to be 5 ft from the target..lol

ok getting old just takes so damm long to get there..

Nice, If we let off a burst we would get kicked off the range!

Eight years in the Marines called for yearly qualification with the
M-1 Garand as a minimum. Qualification with any TO weapon that
was used in your MOS was also a yearly qualification. With the
Garand, slow fire prone was the final stage at 500 yards. Never
failed to not make expert during that time. Two and four legged
critters, much farther!!!:)

508 yards measured with a rangefinder. Put five of five shots on an errant Philips CD burner.
M700 Remington ADL Synthetic, Trashco 3x9x40 scope, rested off the roof of my pickup.

Load was 140gr Hornady Interlock BT and IMR-4350

Can't wait to try something like that with my 300 Weatherby

about 300yds, give or take. a 4pt buck with my Rem700 using my own handload with 165gr sierra boattails. dropped like a rock about halfway up the ridge from the lake. this load was crono'd at 3000fps and I held right at the top of his back. my point-blank range was 225yds and judging by where I hit him...300 is reasonable. this was up at Spirit lake...any of you ever hunt up around there?

Back to my friend's house near Sweet Home to try out my new (new to me) Persian Mauser. By the end of the day i could hit a gallon milk jug at 400 yards with open iron sights. Slightly PROUD of myself :D

Measured? 200yds, M1A taking chunks out of an old cast-iron skillet hanging in a tree. Wish I'd rescued it...good ones are hard to find! They don't ring, they just go to pieces.

I've managed to hit paper plates farther out, but the distance was anyone's guess and certainly wasn't 100% of the time, but as of a few years ago I could keep all shots in the center zone on a police silhouette target quite a ways out with any of the rifles. My eyes and steadiness are at the point where I'm adding a scope and limiting myself to 1-200 yards.

Never have been a match shooter. But I sure have fun!

322 yrds Elk in AZ. Savage 300 win mag.
425 yrds cous deer in AZ. same gun, much different load..LOL Both loaded by GF's dad.

We did shoot at a 900 yrd gong in the woods and with the Mosin I walked it in after about 8 shots. ( it is hard to shoot across a canyon..LOL ) Only hit it once though.

BIGFOOT

I was proficient with my bow out to 60 yards. I need to get back into it!

Could routinely hit chipmunks and squirrels at 20 yards. Longest whitetail kill was at 50 yards.

Outside of my 10/22 at the range I have next to no rifle experience. All my big game gun hunting was done with a 12 gauge slug gun (shotgun/pistol only zone where I grew up).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top