JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So back on this SBR issues I'm having. If I have a 8.5" ar15 and lathe a 7.5" tube ( like a mag light solvent trap ) have it welded/pinned on the barrel for the 16" length requirement, is that legal ? Is a welded flash hider now considered the barrel and what defines this, can anyone lathe their own legally? Are solvent traps legal and did that bill get passed on the suppressor in Washington. Lots of a questions, thanks guys..

Yes you can make you own "barrel extender". You'll have to ask someone from WA about the suppressor law. My AR barrel is 14.5" and I pinned and welded a 1.5" long flash hider to it. This brings the total barrel length to 16". You can also buy barrels shorter than 16" with different types of devices already pinned and welded to them that brings them to the legal 16".

You could run into issues with the "solvent trap" though. It's been debated before but I error on the side of caution on this one. I will not buy any suppressor part until my form 1 returns approved. The ATF could argue in court that if you purchase a solvent trap prior to getting your form 1 back and then use the same solvent trap to use in your suppressor, you had intent and thus you purchased (possessed) a part of a suppressor prior to you being approved to make one. I've never heard of anyone being charged this way but I've heard you technically could be. I am not a lawyer and nor do I play one on TV

Maybe the question is what is the definition of a barrel, could I weld on a 7.5" tube to my barrel and now that is considered the barrel even if it is no longer has the same ID dimensions as the 5.56 barrel. Thank you for post gun mechanic.

Yes you can make you own "barrel extender". You'll have to ask someone from WA about the suppressor law. My AR barrel is 14.5" and I pinned and welded a 1.5" long flash hider to it. This brings the total barrel length to 16". You can also buy barrels shorter than 16" with different types of devices already pinned and welded to them that brings them to the legal 16".

You could run into issues with the "solvent trap" though. It's been debated before but I error on the side of caution on this one. I will not buy any suppressor part until my form 1 returns approved. The ATF could argue in court that if you purchase a solvent trap prior to getting your form 1 back and then use the same solvent trap to use in your suppressor, you had intent and thus you purchased (possessed) a part of a suppressor prior to you being approved to make one. I've never heard of anyone being charged this way but I've heard you technically could be. I am not a lawyer and nor do I play one on TV

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top