Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What is the highest round count you've put through a single handgun?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by arjunki, Dec 23, 2009.

1. arjunki

arjunki Beaverton Active Member

I saw this poll done on another forum some time back and I thought it would be an interesting repeat here on NWFA
    The most rounds I have personally put down the pipe of a single pistol was only approx 15-16K in a 1911 in 45 ACP that I had back in the 90's. I say "only" because I know there are a whole lot of guys that shoot a pistol whole lot more often than I. I reloaded and cast my own bullets back then to keep costs down but I don't know if I could afford it anymore with the component prices of today. At least not in 45. Anyways, lets hear it. Should be a fun thread.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  2. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Over 11,000 through an old Ruger MKII .22lr.
    Just a drop in the bucket I know, but that is the most I ever shot through one gun.

3. chiefchip

chiefchip Rainier, Oregon Member

A good 15k thru my P226

4. branchbuster

branchbuster Albany Active Member

I think about 3k through my 44 redhawg. Of course a bunch of those were from when I first started reloading and a lot of those would have made shrapnel out of a smith.

5. Beagle

Beagle Puyallup WA Member

after reading about the ruger 22 i forgot about 22's but my 1st gen glock 19 i put close to 10k through it. made a smooth bore out of my ruger mk1 had a new barrel put on it. i shot the crap out of it for another couple years.
    if i remember i had to replace 2 or 3 firing pins and some springs but other than that it worked great.

6. RockKrawler

RockKrawler Gresham Member

My .44 SBH has just under 35K through it,99% has been lead.
    RK

7. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

4-6k
    I have a G17 gen 2 that I have had sense my 21st birthday. bought it new and Im sure that I have put more through it then that. but thats what I can figure, There was a couple of years when I didnt do any shooting at all. didnt even think about my 10/22 that I have sense i was 16. ya maybe over 100k on that one.

8. UncalledForGabe

UncalledForGabe Aloha Or. Member

I have about 35k through the 10-22

9. RobertJ.

RobertJ. Seaside, OR Member

I shot about 5k through my first .357, a Ruger Security Six, and about the same amount through my first .22, a Ruger 10-22.

10. Searcher451

Searcher451 Oregon Member

Couldn't tell you how many -- I've never kept track or bothered to add them up -- but I've put many thousands of rounds through a Walther P5 without ever having experienced a hiccup of any kind. It's the Energizer Bunny of handguns: It just keeps going, and going, and going ...

11. littlecars

littlecars tacoma wa Member

100k + round threw my dads S&W 422. He bought it in the mid 90's, and we took it out shooting every weekend for about 5-6 years. My dad would shoot his colt woodsman and I would shoot the 422. we would go threw about 2-2.5 bricks every weekend. The gun is pretty worn out. He took it to a gunsmith a few years back and had all the springs replaced and a few of the parts.