JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Long story short.
I found some light rust on my X.
Managed to get it off the barrel and main body but still worried.

My main grip was after I'd taken off the rust from the lever, it showed some spots where rust used to be.

Thinking of calling them up and asking if there's something can do.

MY main question is do I provide my own box if I ship to them? Or do they provide one?
Do I shop through an FFL?
Do I pick up from an FFL if it's shipped back to me?

Seems like the cart is before the horse here. When you're calling Henry, IF they advise sending it back to them, they'll instruct you on what to do.

I don't have a Henry, but it's fairly standard for warranty returns to have each party pay their own way - you box and pay for it to get there, they pay for the return. Some companies one up that by sending you a mailing label so that they eat the cost both ways. I've never heard of one sending an empty box for you to the fill, but stranger things have happened.

But, this is all speculative. You don't know if Henry even wants to see the rifle.

Henry is great.

While I've shipped two rifles back to them, both returned perfect. Their process was similar if not better than Ruger's. Call them, tell them the issue, they will send you a box in a box with a return label. You send it out, they send it back (signature required) and it's done.
Recently called about some receiver screws that were needed for the top of the rifle (an X model) and they shipped them out, no cost. "Should see in 2-3 weeks due to busy season".

Henry is great.

While I've shipped two rifles back to them, both returned perfect. Their process was similar if not better than Ruger's. Call them, tell them the issue, they will send you a box in a box with a return label. You send it out, they send it back (signature required) and it's done.
Recently called about some receiver screws that were needed for the top of the rifle (an X model) and they shipped them out, no cost. "Should see in 2-3 weeks due to busy season".
Well how 'bout that. The box in a box thing is mind boggling to me, but, well...

1608581205642.jpeg

Exterior box is heavy duty, all brown, no markings.
Inner box was foam padded/cutouts for rifle so it wont move.
No I mean them sending you a box to send them a rifle. Every warranty I've used, including fragile things like lenses, the buyer was responsible for packing the item even if the company paid for shipping (and you were responsible for not packaging well enough to survive transit).

It's cool that they'd take on the cost and responsibility (Henry), I'm just surprised by it. Margins must be decent in gun land if they can eat 3x shipping for a warrant/return.

Henry is great.

Thanks!
I managed to get a hold of them.
Thankfully I was able to get the rust off of everything, the only part that has minor rust or rust spots is the lever, which they're shipping me a new one free of charge.
Oiled it, bought a dehumidifier, and put the sock on.
Don't think I'll have problems after that!

Definitely good customer service.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads