JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am looking for a IWB Holster for my Carry guns Sig P239 and G27 And I have heard amazing things about the Minotaur Comp Tac holsters so I guess i am going to try one... But they seem to have 2 different styles... that are about $15 difference, here they are

Comp-Tac Minotaur Spartan Inside the Waistband Holster Right Hand Glock 26, 27, 28, 33 Kydex and Leather - MidwayUSA

Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC Inside the Waistband Holster Right Hand Glock 26, 27, 28, 33 Kydex and Leather Black/Tan - MidwayUSA

I really don't want to spend 80+ including shipping but whatever i guess...

there is this one for 50 something that seems to be will liked good reviews anyways
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=127844

It says the difference on the page if you read down far enough,

MTAC
Minotaur Holsters' premier inside-the-waistband holster is the MTAC (Minotaur Tuckable Adjustable Cant). This holster utilizes the same kydex clips as seen on the Comp-Tac CTAC holster, which allow you to adjust the cant. With the clips offset from the holster body, the holster disappears when you tuck your shirt between the holster and your pants.

Spartan
The Spartan is a "meat and potatoes" economy version of the MTAC. The Spartan is tuckable, you can adjust the cant. It's not as pretty, and the fasteners aren't covered, but it'll save you a few dollars. The Minotaur Spartan uses the same clips as the CTAC and the MTAC.

It says the difference on the page if you read down far enough,

MTAC
Minotaur Holsters' premier inside-the-waistband holster is the MTAC (Minotaur Tuckable Adjustable Cant). This holster utilizes the same kydex clips as seen on the Comp-Tac CTAC holster, which allow you to adjust the cant. With the clips offset from the holster body, the holster disappears when you tuck your shirt between the holster and your pants.

Spartan
The Spartan is a "meat and potatoes" economy version of the MTAC. The Spartan is tuckable, you can adjust the cant. It's not as pretty, and the fasteners aren't covered, but it'll save you a few dollars. The Minotaur Spartan uses the same clips as the CTAC and the MTAC.

Yeah, except if you look at the pictures, the fasteners are visible in both models, and they both have the feature of being 'tuckable': you can tuck the shirt into your pants over the holster and only the clips are visible on the belt.

The only difference I can see from the pictures is that one is a dark brown, smooth leather and the other is a tan, 'rough' texture.

I looked at the kholsters.com website referred to above, and there are some photos of someone wearing the holster tucked and exposed for draw. <broken link removed>

I have a couple of the Crossbreed holsters that are very similar to these. Both are very comfortable holsters, much superior to many I have tried. I would not care for the DeSantis holster linked at the top for the simple reason that the wide clips makes it much more obvious there is something attached to the belt. The idea is to be stealthy.

Last Edited:
If you intend to wear it next to your skin I would get the MTAC..Smooth leather on back. I would also get the open slide body so it will fit all Glock 9's & .40's

go to ebay and put in iwb holster glock 26 or whatever gun you have there is a store on there that is called the holster store there are some great holsters for around 40 $ i have bought 2 different ones for my 26 and a compact 1911 they are very well made and comfortable in my book they are very similar to a don hume but without the high dollar price they are also american made i belive . go check it out its worth it

I have been thinking about picking up one of these myself. The crossbreed holster is an option that might save you some money but I like the idea of being able to buy a body that will accomdate a different gun that the MTAC offers. I don't know how easy the swap is. It may not be something you do just because you feel like carrying a different gun that day but if you sell one carry gun you can just buy a new body for the new gun.

Yea thats why I like the Idea of the Mtac because I can use the smae holster for different guns... i wish there was someone local that sold them...

Keep in mind that a different body for your MTAC will run about $40.00 new. You can change one in less than 5 min. just 4 screws if you don't need to change the cant for your second gun.

Cyclesarge:
Kholster, yes a lot of extra leather, somewhat like an $8 pizza:D

And like an $8 pizza, can be cut to the shape you want:s0114:

And if you still don't like it, you have 90 days to send it back.
So what's not to like now??

Just sayin'
Tilos

Go to Comp-Tac's website they have pictures of the back of both holsters.. The Minotaur has a thin piece of leather on the back to protect your skin from the heads of the t-nuts that the clips mount to. I've had both the Crossbreed ST and a Minotaur.. I still own the Minotaur with 4 shells.

You get what you pay for....

An $80 holster today, is better than two $40 holsters that you could never really get comfortable with.

Well stated. I have a whole drawer full of holsters that I don't like.

Mostly, they have one thing in common...they're "reasonably priced". And they are not that comfortable. But they were "reasonably priced" and that seemed like a good idea at the time.

I have a few that I use all the time. One thing in common....they're comfortable....and I paid more than I really wanted to at the time.

Just sayin'.

I own five Comptac holsters, including the Minotaur. Good, comfortable, quality stuff, if kydex is what you want.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top