JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Reno
The rail fit. The problem is it couldn't rotate enough to remove the barrel. I think the BRN1022TD receiver was less radiused (by thousandths, probably) than the Ruger receiver. It was tantalizingly close! But I wasnt about to file on the receiver, though that would have worked.

@2A2Dend OMG I have the exact same setup!

All done now!

20200522_135500.jpg 20200522_135319.jpg 20200522_132105.jpg

With a Brownells receiver and bolt, and a simple BXtrigger, I'm hoping this is a tack driver (for a takedown with just a red dot, that is).

It is just a hair over 4.5 pounds, too!

@2A2Dend You even installed the Type1 QD inserts like me! The height of the dot requires the higher cheek rest for me, but at least two sizes are included with this Backpacker stock!

@2A2Dend You even installed the Type1 QD inserts like me! The height of the dot requires the higher cheek rest for me, but at least two sizes are included with this Backpacker stock!
Not exactly. I did a visual mock-up for YOU to SEE what you could essentially have for final appearance of your endeavor. :)

By the way, for future reference if others check this thread out when they are in the same boat as @2A2Dend and me, another reason to turn this forward, even if it functioned properly, is that the design of that Backpacker stock makes the barrel extension go.into the stock. Then that cantilever rail would stick downvelow the shoulder pad, sort of hurting the great form factor.

Then another reason to cut it short is that when the barrel end is off and in the stock end, the long rail makes reaching the release buttons kind of awkward. But with the rail cut off now, the buttons are super easy to reach!

@Reno
The rail fit. The problem is it couldn't rotate enough to remove the barrel. I think the BRN1022TD receiver was less radiused (by thousandths, probably) than the Ruger receiver. It was tantalizingly close! But I wasnt about to file on the receiver, though that would have worked.
Could have filed the underside of the rail?

Doesnt matter now, it's done and hopefully works well!

Just so you know, I think you had it on backwards before cutting.
Perhaps you didnt read all of the posts. I knowingly turned it around backwards for 2 reasons. 1) it wouldn't allow the barrel to detach and 2) it would stick out below the stock when stowed in the Backpacker stock, very awkward in a backpack.

Could have filed the underside of the rail?

Doesnt matter now, it's done and hopefully works well!
I suppose filing the rail's underside would have worked, and I admit I didnt consider that option. But my 2nd reason was how it looked in its cantilever position when stowed as the Backpacker is designed.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top