JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I never paid much attention to the type of belt I use when I conceal carry, but recently I've seen the pros to getting a quality belt designed specially for carry or load-bearing. I would appreciate some input! I'm searching for a tactical belt that can hold my gun and possibly other belongings comfortably without getting that " Tire" effect. Preferably in the $1-60 range. If you conceal carry with a tac belt please explain your experience with it! Any information is helpful thanks guys!

Ares Aegis. But it's north of 100.00 USD. Not tactical looking. So if you are looking for a cobra buckle or a riggers style belt than it won't fit the bill. But it's the only belt I will use for conceal carry. My range belt is a G code.

My drawer of belts is as full as my drawer of holsters. Finding the right one for either is a pain in the butt. I think this summer I'm going to empty out both of my drawers and set them on fire.

I got pointed to these belts when I first decided to start carrying. It's fairly close to your price range and I can speak to the quality and service.

I have a Bigfoot belt from Alien Gear that has served me well for a number of years. Doesn't look "tactical" its a dress belt with a full tactical heart. Carry IWB full size 1911 all day long with never an issue. Worth a check out.

Yeah, but it gives you instant martial arts cred! You can give your assailant a real whipping.

I bought a SHD 2" Über nylon Fastex belt from Grizzly Industrial. Fobus fits - many others do not since they are made for 1.75" belts. Speaking of which, for $9, this arrived from eBay. All metal buckle that tightens its grip as you pull on it. It's a knock-off of something that costs more.

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 6.27.43 PM.png

Last Edited:
By "tactical belt" I assume you mean nylon rather than leather.
The Original Instructor Belt is hard to beat in your price range, can go up fast from there.

P.S.
Upgrade to the 5 stitch, at mininum.
My OG instructors is almost 17 years old. Not much velcro left, but still functional. Only gripe is the HEAVY steel buckle. It's a legitimate tooth chipping and fat lip hazard for shady ladies.
I might try the titanium buckle, as complete replacement is overdue.

Yeah, but it gives you instant martial arts cred! You can give your assailant a real whipping.
I laugh because "tactical" is probably the #1 misused and abused word in the gun world, which is why I used quotation marks and stated, "I assume" in my original post. I guess a black leather belt with black hardware could be considered "tactical".

My OG instructors is almost 17 years old. Not much velcro left, but still functional. Only gripe is the HEAVY steel buckle. It's a legitimate tooth chipping and fat lip hazard for shady ladies.
I might try the titanium buckle, as complete replacement is overdue.
They are the gold standard by which all others are measured and still made in the USA.

If you want to go full blown "tactical" look at Blue Alpha and Ronin Tactics.

Ares Aegis and/or Aegis Enhanced

Pros:

Infinitely adjustable unlike leather belts where the holes never seem to be in quite the right place

Impervious to elements as it's made from scuba webbing and the buckle is polymer

Rigid enough for range work if you so choose

Doesn't scream "tactical" or "shoot me first"

Easy to thread through pants, unlike some cobra buckles

Should easily last you 5-10 years

Won't stretch like leather can...particularly in the holes

Cons:
It's expensive...but it will last a good long time

It may be too rigid for some people's taste

Here's a little comparison that might help you...

This is a Wilderness Instructor Belt..the one with the insert...with a year's worth of wear. Many people rave about these belts. I did too when it was all I knew. Note that the buckles on these are really heavy. Also note that the lateral rigidity across the width of the belt is still pretty good...the belt won't fold over on itself across its width. But the torsional rigidity throughout the length of the belt sucks.
SrZasED.jpg

Here's a Milt Sparks leather belt that is still pretty new (less than 6 months of combined wear). It's got a normal buckle for a leather belt. Great belt if you you're looking for leather.

ztGKm8a.jpg

Here's an Ares Aegis Enhanced with five years of daily wear. The buckle on this is as heavy as the Wilderness buckle. Do note this is the older style stainless steel buckle. The new buckles are polymer...and I haven't seen those yet.
x77A1Ab.jpg

Last Edited:
Here's a little comparison that might help you...

This is a Wilderness Instructor Belt..the one with the insert...with a year's worth of wear. Many people rave about these belts. I did too when it was all I knew. Note that the buckles on these are really heavy. Also note that the lateral rigidity across the width of the belt is still pretty good...the belt won't fold over on itself across its width. But the torsional rigidity throughout the length of the belt sucks.
View attachment 974088

Here's a Milt Sparks leather belt that is still pretty new (less than 6 months of combined wear). It's got a normal buckle for a leather belt. Great belt if you you're looking for leather.

View attachment 974089

Here's an Ares Aegis Enhanced with five years of daily wear. The buckle on this is as heavy as the Wilderness buckle...
View attachment 974090
This ^^

I've always run a cheap leather belt from the farm store and it's worked great. I did pick up a Kore the other day for $55 and I like it. The ratchet adjustment makes it nice to quickly adjust the size from sitting to standing. It's also more sturdy like the pic in the above post and the extra support distributes the weight a little better especially for OWB carry.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top