JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's a little comparison that might help you...

This is a Wilderness Instructor Belt..the one with the insert...with a year's worth of wear. Many people rave about these belts. I did too when it was all I knew. Note that the buckles on these are really heavy. Also note that the lateral rigidity across the width of the belt is still pretty good...the belt won't fold over on itself across its width. But the torsional rigidity throughout the length of the belt sucks.
View attachment 974088

Here's a Milt Sparks leather belt that is still pretty new (less than 6 months of combined wear). It's got a normal buckle for a leather belt. Great belt if you you're looking for leather.

View attachment 974089

Here's an Ares Aegis Enhanced with five years of daily wear. The buckle on this is as heavy as the Wilderness buckle...
View attachment 974090

I like everything but the buckle.

Might try one tho.

I like the 5.11 double thick nylon belt. It's infinitely adjustable which helps get the right amount of tension I want. It's also sub $30. It's not one I would wear for anything where the belt was visible though.

I have 2 belts by Hank's and they are good, stout heavy leather. No rolling over with a 1911 in holster when carried all day. And they can be used as a regular belt for casual dress. They are good, quality belts. I'm very glad my old man never had one of these.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top