Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What is the best IWB Holster?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by duprenix, Nov 1, 2014.

1. duprenix

duprenix New Member

I like the Defender Pro Series

Advertising edited due to lack of Supporting Vendor status - Joe Link

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2014
  2. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

Best one is the one that best suits your personal needs. Hundreds of options out there. I make my own for my specific needs.

3. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Portland Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

That guy has got to be an advertiser.

4. boarder4life81

boarder4life81 Eugene, Oregon Active Member

For the last couple of years I've been using the N82 Tactical holsters. The twisting to disengage the lock takes a bit of practice, but it is by far the most comfortable IWB holster I've found yet.

5. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

"cheap rivets" breaking eh. Aside from early Fobus stuff, I've never seen a riveted Kydex holster come apart. I've done some nasty stuff to them, twisting, yanking, picking a 150lb guy up off the ground by one (a bit too much retention on that holster...) - the holster didn't fail.

Rivets / rolled eyelets don't loosen up as screws, even loctite treated screws, can and will do.

More power to a kydex bender, but the marketing leaves some to be desired, and I've got to wonder other than certain fobus holsters (which are not kydex, and did not use the same rivets you see on 99% of actual kydex holsters made) what experience these Texans have had with busted holsters. I would be far more concerned with the thin metal belt clips bending, and what appears to be a kydex belt clip on that Defender holster. Most of the big kydex benders got away from kydex for belt attachments - injection molded clips are more secure and less failure-prone. Kydex belt clips will fail. Kydex is not meant to flex repeatedly in small areas - it cracks and bends - and unlike the injection molded stuff, if you bend kydex hard enough to stress it - it doesn't bend back into shape. I would seriously look at upgrading the belt clip to an injection molded model, there's lots out there from the DIY holster suppliers.

Baseacegoku likes this.
  6. solv3nt

solv3nt Portland Well-Known Member

Ted Blocker, local Tigard small business.

jrprich likes this.
  7. S3v3n

S3v3n Beaverton, Or Active Member

My current is a Galco King Tut which I like. I have an Alien Gear IWB 2.0 coming if they ever ship the damn thing.

8. Leo

Leo Bend, OR Member

I had a FoxX hybird holster for my shield 9mm before I sold and love it. Just order a little FoxX for my LCR, and waiting to see how I like it. Its only $39 shipped, so you can't go wrong for the price.

9. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Crossbreed, after a lot of $ buy to try.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  10. FZRider

FZRider Lacey, Wa Active Member

Just ordered one from Gavin www.firearmholster.com and am waiting for it. Went with the holster, mag carrier and belt combo. I e-mailed back and forth with him multiple times and he was always quick to respond. I ordered Thursday and he expects to be shipping early next week.

Baseacegoku likes this.
  11. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Ive had great luck with SHTF Gear's IWB holsters. I've worn one for nearly two years and another for about seven months, every day, all day. No problems or repairs, original belt clips (which are warranted for life) leather still looks and feels great. Best thing, maybe, these hybrids are only fifty bucks on amazon!:D

x2ndxall likes this.
  12. S3v3n

Let us know how you like it. I like my Galco but I wish the shell was just a tad higher as just a little bit of my pants tends to get in the way when trying to put it back in. I deal with it because lets face it the most important parts are how it feels and being able to draw it quickly.

:eek:

13. jrprich

jrprich PNW Well-Known Member

I'll second this, they do quality work at fair prices.

14. jrprich

The "best" IWB holster is the one you can wear for 8+ hours without any gripes........good luck.

Caveman Jim and S3v3n like this.
  15. S3v3n

I agree. I wear mine about 10+ hours a day without issues. :)

16. jrprich

I envy you..............
    I have been unable to find any IWB holster that I can even get close to calling comfortable.

17. Reno911

Reno911 Hillsboro Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Only one I could call comfortable for 8+ hours was my TCP in a Remora no clip holster.

Now I'm wearing a G26 in an Aegis Armory hybrid holster and it is comfy but not super comfy for prolonged time periods.

I'm still looking for that dream combo. Usually I just get an Aegis trigger guard and throw the pistol in a cargo pant leg. That's the truly most comfortable method I have.

18. hollowbase

hollowbase Oregon Member

I just bought a FoxX hybird for my CZ clone. I've been wearing it for two weeks now and I can't complain but I really don't have anything to compare it to besides Bianchi 100 series that I use to carry my BHP. I was pleasantly surprised to find out my KelTec PF9 fits in the FoxX.

19. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

I have a bone pile of holsters and finally found my favorite from Versacarry. So good I bought one for all of my semi-autos. My $0.02
    http://www.versacarry.com/

20. S3v3n

When I took my Conceal Class my instructor told us of a story when he tried out IWB holsters and how he couldnt stand them.

What it came down to was how you wear it. So when I got mine I tried it in different spots and found over my right cheek was the best spot. Now keep in mind I am not packing a full frame 1911 either. I carry a S&W M&P Shield .40 which is a small frame pistol less then 1" wide.

I honestly can say that I no longer feel it or if I do its very little. I sit with it no problem I drive with it no problem.

Baseacegoku likes this.