JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BLUF: I recommend the Walker Quad earmuffs with foam earplugs for indoor ranges.

My tinnitus is really bad and I'm trying to save what's left of my hearing. I've got a stack of earmuffs and it's almost like holsters. You buy one, try it, and find a reason not to like it. I have been thinking about getting one of the Peltor Comtac's but just haven't convinced myself to spend that money yet.

I do have one of the Walker Razor earplugs.

It works well. Bluetooth works well. I've listened to music while at the range, phone calls, etc, as well as the conversation around me. It doesn't interfere with me when I 'm shooting rifles. The main complaint is that the wire the earplugs are on does get snagged on things. I tried wearing it while hunting once and that was a mess. Buying replacement foam plugs is also stupid. They sell them in packs that come with all three sizes: lg - md -sm. So every time I want to buy new foam plugs, I end up with two other sets I can't use. I've had them for about 2 years now and the rechargeable battery is almost dead.

I'm currently mostly using the Walker Quads now. They also work well but when I'm shooting my rifles they tend to contact the stock. I also keep a pack of foam earplugs with me for the indoor range or when someone decides to shoot a rifle with a muzzle brake next to me. So I'm searching for a slimmer earmuff with high reduction.

BLUF: I recommend the Walker Quad earmuffs with foam earplugs for indoor ranges.

My tinnitus is really bad and I'm trying to save what's left of my hearing. I've got a stack of earmuffs and it's almost like holsters. You buy one, try it, and find a reason not to like it. I have been thinking about getting one of the Peltor Comtac's but just haven't convinced myself to spend that money yet.

It works well. Bluetooth works well. I've listened to music while at the range, phone calls, etc, as well as the conversation around me. It doesn't interfere with me when I 'm shooting rifles. The main complaint is that the wire the earplugs are on does get snagged on things. I tried wearing it while hunting once and that was a mess. Buying replacement foam plugs is also stupid. They sell them in packs that come with all three sizes: lg - md -sm. So every time I want to buy new foam plugs, I end up with two other sets I can't use. I've had them for about 2 years now and the rechargeable battery is almost dead.

I'm currently mostly using the Walker Quads now. They also work well but when I'm shooting my rifles they tend to contact the stock. I also keep a pack of foam earplugs with me for the indoor range or when someone decides to shoot a rifle with a muzzle brake next to me. So I'm searching for a slimmer earmuff with high reduction.
I have the Quads too. Did you notice they said they are for constant noise and not short peak noise? Kinda scares me a bit. They are for shooting riiiiiight?

I ended up getting the Razor XV 3.0. So far I've been happy with them. :)

I've heard that Bluetooth is merely govt technology for spying on urban doosbags... :s0033:

I have 3 different BT headphones along with 2 speakers and a few other peripherals.

I must be an urban doosbag.

I just put condoms over my ears so I dont end up with hearing aids.

not really

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for damage to keyboards or monitors due to coffee or other fluid saturation.

I double up. Disposable plugs + Howard Leight Impact Sport muffs.

If someone shows up with a magnum cartridge elk rifle with a brake, I am moving to a different bench. No sense in suffering through that.

I never double up, and I work as an RSO at my range. Never felt the need for double protection.

Double muff. When I'm around shorty stuff or particularly loud stuff I put either foamies or those little surefire passive plugs in then electronic over ear muffs on top.

Kruel just hasn't spent any time with my krink yet. The last RSO that tried to make quips about my short little Suchka ended up taking a few steps back and holding his muffs a little tighter. Never mind the chunks of wood coming off the barrier from the muzzle blast. Due to that little guy I double muff.

Curious if anyone has any experience with good earbud style ear pro with Bluetooth?
I have the Walker Silence Ear BT earbuds and have been extremely happy with them. The batteries only last about four hours while streaming music. Easy use for phone calls and the battery lasts longer than I've needed when not streaming so not sure how long. I've had them for a couple years now and no issues.

Double muff. When I'm around shorty stuff or particularly loud stuff I put either foamies or those little surefire passive plugs in then electronic over ear muffs on top.

Kruel just hasn't spent any time with my krink yet. The last RSO that tried to make quips about my short little Suchka ended up taking a few steps back and holding his muffs a little tighter. Never mind the chunks of wood coming off the barrier from the muzzle blast. Due to that little guy I double muff.

I'd be happy to try it out! :cool::D

I'd be happy to try it out! :cool::D
Let me know! We can find a nice day and I'll bring it a couple toys! Suchka is a riot! Little 5.45x39 and a 4 foot wide fireball! My ears hate it though and I usually run it suppressed, also flame out of the can in low light.

Even if it isn't the loudest midget you've been around you'll leave with a grin!

I second the double up idea. If you don't you I can promise you tinnitus will catch up to you. Maybe not today or tomorrow...but eventually as it is a progressive problem.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top