Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What is shtf?

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by IheartGUNS, Jan 31, 2012.

1. IheartGUNS

IheartGUNS WaCo Well-Known Member

What is all this shtf talk? Am I missing something? I didn't hear of anything about zombies and shtf up until I got into firearms. Kinda makes me wonder now???

2. caden08

caden08 washougal Member

We just like to fear monger here!

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  3. EZLivin

EZLivin SW of PDX Well-Known Member

Right. That is because people who don't have firearms are not aware of SHTF and zombies, so you will never hear about SHTF and zombies from them. But if/when someone DOES become aware of SHTF and zombies they will immediately run out and buy a firearm(s), and of course will want to talk about it. Therefore you will only hear about SHTF and zombies from someone who already owns a firearm.

Impeccable logic if I do say so.

redmud, mjbskwim, 9MilMan and 3 others like this.
  4. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

All depends on what your definition of SHTF is. For many it is daily preparedness in event of major snow storms that keep or delay you from getting to work or the store. How about the major power outage that lasted several days on the west side? I was not there but you can be 100% that WAS a SHTF situation for them. For others it is flooding, hurricanes, tornados, ect, things that ACTUALLY happen on a regular basis.

On the other hand you have people that believe that SHTF only means TEOTWAWKI (The End Of The World As We Know It) kind of trouble.

I am of the first group where I am not only prepared but easily able to deal with many of these likely things that do happen, and have done it.

Why have you not heard about it till you got into firearms? Well I would expect that the largest group of people who are able and willing to have personal responsibility are gun owners......

Psa1m144, ATCclears, mjbskwim and 9 others like this.
  5. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

Zombies always face West so for us here on the Pacific coast it is even more important to stay armed as they will most surely be coming our way.

6. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

To ad to Nwcid's description,SHTF for a teen is no Facebook,for an adult no coffee shop open.Then you go out a ways and really a little snow or power outage isn't SHTF cause we are equipped to deal with that sort of thing.
    A river flooding,earthquakes destroying roads and no one gets to work,forest fires wiping out counties,your car breaking down while camping and not enough food or water

7. rolandson

rolandson Oregon Active Member

A couple of feet of snow in PDX, kinda sorta maybe a little SHTF, for those who can't drive in snow. Greensburg, Kansas or Sarajevo; that would be SHTF.

8. x1hunter89

x1hunter89 gresham oregon Active Member

havnt you seen the First Zombie? michelle_obama300.jpg

Redcap, timac, 19 Adam and 11 others like this.
  9. caden08

caden08 washougal Member

Lmao +1

10. gunfreak

gunfreak Boise Well-Known Member

I took this from backwoodshome.

By definition, "prepping" means preparing in advance of hard times, not after. This little subtlety — that preparing is best done before rather than after a serious event — seems to escape a lot of people. A typical example is the panic that ensues whenever a hurricane approaches landfall — there is widespread chaos at grocery stores, Home Depot locations, and gas stations as people frantically try to get ready for something they should always be prepared for anyway.

11. pdx lefty

pdx lefty portland Active Member

Because you'll be nothing but trouble if you are armed and prepared.

Lefty.

12. oldbrass

oldbrass WA Active Member

SHTF is whats coming

13. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

:laugh::huh::bluelaugh:;):laugh:I suppose you have all heard about the zombies worst nightmare?

the necrophiliac [spelling]

14. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Just in the last century, the London Blitz, the Holocaust, Cambodia, Rwanda, the breakup of Yugoslavia to name a few could all could be considered SHTF by those who participated.

Keith

15. sheepdip

for those involved i would think shtf would be a gross understatement

16. redmud

redmud Colombia river Active Member

Mormons have been prepared for along time

Oh and the zombies are wandering around high on meth 3 teeth and 2 brain cells left in their head. They have stolen everthing not nailed down or locked up inside and are looking in your windows. Be prepared

17. sheepdip

from what i see being from the black sheep side of a mostly mormon family, they dont have a clue. they rely on god for answers to everyday concerns. such as how do i pay the powerbill?

18. redmud

redmud Colombia river Active Member

The ones I have known in my life have been preppers just saying.

19. knuckle Head

knuckle Head southeast Well-Known Member

the prepper is one who people like to joke about until they need help and they hit the speed dial at 7pm on saturday evening when they stuck in the ditch their power line is done and expect the prepper to come running which we normally do. to the non prepper shtf at that point, to the prepper shtf when the euro collpases followed by the dollar and the prpper is prepard for it and the zombie isn't and knocks on the preppers doors crying help only to be told sorry you are on your own my family comes first its been nice knowing you.

BTW, good luck Big "O" sucker!!!!!!:violinist::violinist:

20. HBIII

HBIII Wilsonville Active Member

I was in your shoes about a year ago. I relocated to the area alone and decided to get into firearms as a hobby. Next thing I know I come across a whole culture of preppers and such out there I didn't know existed. I am proud to say I am now a neophyte of this group. I now have 3-4 months of food and more firearms in my room than I ever thought I would. I don't think I will be content until I triple both the food and firearms/ammo. :-D

I hope your bank account can handle it. Good luck