JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"They would create all these mounds in my backward and let me tell you its no fun when the blade of your lawn mower hits one that your failed to spot."
We inspect the area to be mowed beforehand and deal with rocks, mounds, and anything else that can damage the mower blades.

One year I trapped 14 moles and it barely made a dent.
WOW! Their fur is so fricken soft and luxurious. I'd like a pair of underwear made from it. 14 might be just enough?

I haven't been able to figure out how to trap them in in my small garden beds. It annoys the heck out of me when I'm watering and the soil give way and water pours into oblivion.

Why are you feeding feral cats?
Why not? :)

Originally, it was out of curiosity and I thought the cat might help with keeping the mole population down. Seems to have worked to a certain extend but what started out as curiosity on my part has turned into a bit of a hobby as the feral cat now becomes very friendly with my wife and I. During the colder months, we bought a nice cushion for it to sleep in my covered front door area and it now sleeps there whenever the temperature drops to the 50s. I bet sleeping on a cushion bets sleeping under a Hyundai. :D

This is the orange tabby we're talking about here, sleeping like baby at my front door.

QEfv2SkFvadGTU?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

Why not? :)

Originally, it was out of curiosity and I thought the cat might help with keeping the mole population down. Seems to have worked to a certain extend but what started out as curiosity on my part has turned into a bit of a hobby as the feral cat now becomes very friendly with my wife and I. During the colder months, we bought a nice cushion for it to sleep in my covered front door area and it now sleeps there whenever the temperature drops to the 50s. I bet sleeping on a cushion bets sleeping under a Hyundai. :D

This is the orange tabby we're talking about here, sleeping like baby at my front door.

View attachment 889780

I'm torn on that. I love cats and want one really bad, but when we leave for extended periods I don't know what to do with the cat. We used to have people that would come over and see the cat, clean the box, feed etc. Now we don't any more. If I can get out of this gawd-awful city and get to where we want to be, the rest of life will be a vacation!

As far as feral cats, and running loose. I hate that as bad as the terrible sloppy people in my hood. And the cats they own and allow to roam that PISS on things, crap in my vegetable garden, and skulk the NATIVE birds I feed. I wish I could trap their cats and shave them, all but the tail. I have trapped cats, as long as their not wearing a collar with tags. Animal control takes them. Or they did anyway.

View attachment 889780
Feral cats account for killing about 1.5 billion songbirds per year in the US. One feral female cat can have a round 180 babies in her lifetime. And those babies kill more native birds and create lots more babies. They can be almost constantly pregnant.

They r one of the biggest menaces we have to native wildlife. Why in the world would you feed them? They do so much damage. If you want a cat, get a proper pet cat, they are great.

Last Edited:
Feral cats account for killing about 1.5 billion songbirds per year in the us. One feral female cat can have a round 180 babies in her lifetime. And those babies kill more birds and create lots more babies. They can be almost constantly pregnant.

They r one of the biggest menaces we have to native wildlife. Why in the world would you feed them? They do so much damage. If you want a cat get a proper pet cat, they are great.
Oh, the cat being a killing machine is EXACTLY why I'm feeding it and having it around my front yard. I want something that will basically murder everything and keep my front yard nice and clean looking. And birds, yuck, they crap on my solar panels and reduce energy production until the rain washes it off. This orange tabby is getting a little too fat from the constant supply of food I'm giving it so I seriously doubt it can catch any birds but it does scare them away which is great.

A cat in the house would be useless unless I can teach it to clean my guns for me.

Got him! Hahhahah..... :D

As I said, it's all down to mathematics. Once identified, I was able to zoom in on its tunnels and carpet the entire area with traps. It'll have to be lucky every single time while I only have to be lucky one time. It did not survive for more than 24 hrs after the traps are deployed.

Not very big but respectable, certainly enough of a nuisance if you value your lawn.
GW0zIqDs8wVy0w?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

WOW! Their fur is so fricken soft and luxurious. I'd like a pair of underwear made from it. 14 might be just enough?

I haven't been able to figure out how to trap them in in my small garden beds. It annoys the heck out of me when I'm watering and the soil give way and water pours into oblivion.
If the watering exposes their tunnel, you're already 80% there. The biggest challenge is trapping moles is locating their tunnels. Just dig around the area until you find the 2 holes on the sidewall of the direct you're digging, wear gloves and use your fingers because they're usually hard to see and can be partially covered, so you'll have to use your fingers to scratch the dirt wall a bit to find the holes.

Once you have those, insert a in-tunnel type trap such as those sold by Trapline Products, which is also what I use.

Oh, the cat being a killing machine is EXACTLY why I'm feeding it and having it around my front yard. I want something that will basically murder everything and keep my front yard nice and clean looking. And birds, yuck, they crap on my solar panels and reduce energy production until the rain washes it off. This orange tabby is getting a little too fat from the constant supply of food I'm giving it so I seriously doubt it can catch any birds but it does scare them away which is great.

A cat in the house would be useless unless I can teach it to clean my guns for me.
Third person ever to make it to my ignore list. So glad there are not a lot of poeple out there that are like this.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top