Appleseed is what should have been standard US training for the State militias all along, like the Swiss have. It also teaches Colonial/Revolutionary War history, of which I am a student. Then you do a course of target shooting from different rifleman"s positions, and the course can be done with a .22 LR or up to an 8 MM rifle
Appleseed ® is a nonprofit organization dedicated to teaching rifle marksmanship and American history.
We put on a two day shooting event called Appleseed ® where we teach the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship. You will learn:
• field position shooting (standing, sitting/kneeling & prone)
• how to use a sling for stability
• the 6 steps to firing a shot
• how to set up and use your Natural Point of Aim
• how to zero your rifle using Inches Minutes and Clicks & Battle Sight Zero
• and more
At the end of the weekend you will have all of the knowledge necessary to hit a 24" target @500y or the rifleman's quarter mile.
Throughout the weekend we tell the history of the most important day in American history: April 19th 1775 and the start of the American Revolutionary War.