JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. - Amendment II, Bill of Rights

Barack Obama has updated his website again and reinstated his gun ban plans on the site. Oddly enough, the background of the page is black and the text is so dark that you cannot read it. <broken link removed> to view the blacked-out page with the gun-ban proposal.

We had to do a word search in order to find the text in the document. From there, we did a copy and paste into a new document so that we could read the text of the website. Under the Crime and Law Enforcement section, it states in part:

"Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent."

"Assault Weapons" Ban
"The semi-automatic weapons' menacing looks, coupled with the public's confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons &#8212; anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun &#8212; can only increase that chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons." &#8212; Josh Sugarman, 1988, Violence Policy Center.

The Obama campaign wants to permanently reinstate the Clinton ban on sporting rifles. The term, "assault weapon" was made up by the anti-gun lobby in order to create confusion and heighten fear among American citizens.

The sporting rifles that Obama wants to outlaw function in the same manner as other semi-automatic rifles that have been commercially available since 1896. If the American public allows a ban on sporting rifles, the people will hard-pressed to fight a ban on all semi-automatic rifles. This type of incrementalism is typical among the anti-gun lobby.

Last Edited:
On the same apge there is a link to submit your input to Obama's administration.

Everyone in my family already sent him a message that states "hands off the Constitution." Well, something a little more eloquent than that.

I encourage all of you to do the same and not take this laying down. Obama's website states that he wants to make the Cosmetically Incorrect Weapons Ban permanent.

Well I feel sorry for the poor people that come thru my door to try and take any of my legally obtained weapons.

I'm quite sure many of the folks in Waco uttered those words..or something very similar.. But..I guess we can't know for sure..as none of them are around to tell us..

so is this ban going to affect anyone that already has an arsenal at home? cuz we can stil get guns private sale and other ways, right?

That is the wrong way of thinking....we need to work together to stop this from happening ..... not approach this from conceding defeat. The "I've already got mine so I don't care" mentality means we all loose. The simple fact of the matter is....we don't know what is going to happen but whatever it is....we need to fight it together and getting involved NOW is key.

If you're not a member of the NRA.....why not? Yes there are other pro-gun groups out there...but they don't carry the weight that the NRA does.

SteveZ makes some good points. If people are not willing to defend the Constitution with civil action, the likelihood of defending it with force is next to zero. People need to get active.

finch6013 was concerned about ex-post facto. California has its own special ban on sporting rifles. When the state first initiated the ban, it said that it would not affect anyone who already owned those rifles. The state did, however, require that all sporting rifles currently owned must be registered with the state. A few years later, the DOJ outlawed the possession of sporting rifles for all residents. Either the firearm had to be shipped out of state, turned in to the police for destruction, or disassembled. The state knew who the owners were because they were registered under the initial ban.

Our only option is vigorous civil action. Everyone must participate or we will lose it all. It's the least we can do considering the sacrifices made by our Founding Fathers and every military veteran since then.

If you're not a member of the NRA.....why not? Yes there are other pro-gun groups out there...but they don't carry the weight that the NRA does.

Gun owners need to unify. I don't care if you have some "beef" with the NRA, you need to join now. As stated before, the NRA is the most powerful lobby we have on the side of gun owners and sportsmen in the United States!

Join the NRA today.

Obama-- anti 2A?? Nawww--- J/K-- Here's more tidbits of what we may be looking at in the future:

Barack Obama’s gun control policy, or should I write anti-gun record is long and informative:
• 1994 to 2001 - Obama was on the board of the anti-gun Joyce Foundation. This foundation is the largest funding source for radical anti-gun groups in the country.
• 1996 - Obama supported a ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.
• 1999 - Obama proposed a 500 percent increase in the excise taxes on firearms and ammunition. This tax would effectively punish gun owners for buying guns and ammunition.
• 2003 - Obama voted in support of legislation that would have banned privately owned hunting shotguns, target rifles and black powder rifles in Illinois.
• 2004 - Obama voted against legislation intended to protect homeowners from prosecution in cases where they used a firearm to halt a home invasion.
Barack Obama now claims he is not anti-gun ownership. His campaign has put out statements saying he supports law abiding citizens’ right to own certain types of guns used for particular purposes. In fact, his campaign says that he’ll uphold the Second Amendment. His voting record belies what he now claims, that as President he would be no threat to American gun owners.

Here's a link to an article in the Wall Street Journal on Oct. 30th about Obama and his stance on guns;

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/30/obama-and-guns/

SOG

Joining the NRA is not enough. People need to get active. Call your senators and representatives when the time is right. Call in to talk radio. Educate people who are not aware of what's going on.

So many people send $25 to the NRA and go back to sleep. If that worked, we wouldn't be in the situation we're in now.

I'm quite sure many of the folks in Waco uttered those words..or something very similar.. But..I guess we can't know for sure..as none of them are around to tell us..
We really need to read what Ben Franklin said again "we must hang togather" Wasco was a cut off group with no support from the public and they got away with it but if the public rises up as one they'll get the message.shotgunners and plinkers need to make their voices heard when they go after "assault" rifles instead of looking up and saying "I don't have one and nobody needs one of those in my opinion" "Oh I dont have any pistols so as long as they leave my hunting rifle alone it will be o.k." You eat an elephant one bite at a time and the trunk can't ignore a bite on the tail. By the way you can expect a lot of new members on gun sites preaching "the voice of moderaton" as some in this topic are doing they make it sound so reasonable.

O is'nt hiding anything and has not hid anything he stated his position quite plainly during his campaign and his voting record in regards to firearms is public record. The public was too stupid to figgure out what it means to them.

Joining the NRA is not enough. People need to get active. Call your senators and representatives when the time is right. Call in to talk radio. Educate people who are not aware of what's going on.

So many people send $25 to the NRA and go back to sleep. If that worked, we wouldn't be in the situation we're in now.

Exactly, and that's one of the reasons this website exists. One of our other resources, once I get time to build it, is going to be an integrated tool where if you input your address (or part of it) it will give you a list of your elected officials :s0155:

Exactly, and that's one of the reasons this website exists. One of our other resources, once I get time to build it, is going to be an integrated tool where if you input your address (or part of it) it will give you a list of your elected officials :s0155:

Well hurry up man!!

And since when has there been an "official" Office of the President-Elect complete with a seal and everything?? BO is about as arrogant as they get...

Hopefully the "honeymoon" is short and the rest of the country wakes up to what he is REALLY all about. :s0131:

If you're not a member of the NRA.....why not?

NRA endorses McCain-Palin

'nuff said.

Gun rights are in the constitution. Even if restrictions are legislated—as was the case in D.C.—they can always been taken to the supreme court. Your right to own weapons is constitutionally protected.

However, there are issues other than gun rights that are important too, such as a cratering economy, two never-ending wars, energy issues, and so on. So when the NRA endorses an old man who is not only completely out of touch with the world but only interested in his own advancement, and a VP from some backwoods state who can't string three sentences together without embarrassing herself is why I can't support the NRA.

And before everyone forgets, <broken link removed> . Relevant info:

The amicus brief, filed last Friday in the D.C. gun ban case of D.C. v.
Heller, argued that any gun ban - no matter how sweeping - could be
constitutional if some court determines that it is "reasonable."

Just a note, this wasn't the NRA but the GOA who wrote the opposition to that legal brief. Two things we should all understand:

1) everyone in power hates that you have guns. Democrat or Republican.
2) the NRA are a lobby group who put their own interests first and your interests second. That doesn't mean they'll defend your rights. For example, the NRA did not initially support the recent DC gun rights case before the supreme court. Google District of Columbia v. Heller for more info.

So yeah, NRA? :rolleyes:

'nuff said.

Gun rights are in the constitution. Even if restrictions are legislated&#8212;as was the case in D.C.&#8212;they can always been taken to the supreme court. Your right to own weapons is constitutionally protected.

rrrrriiiiiight. How many years again has it been since the US Supreme Court had heard a case involving the 2nd Amendment? I don't think I'll be alive that long.

Fight the problem now rather than trying to fight it later.

I hate to be blunt (actually I don't)....if YOU'RE not a member of the NRA (and thats just the beginning point)...you're part of the problem! :(

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top