JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
rrrrriiiiiight. How many years again has it been since the US Supreme Court had heard a case involving the 2nd Amendment? I don't think I'll be alive that long.

June, 2008. Ruled in favor of the second amendment. Did you read my links at all?

I hate to be blunt (actually I don't)....if YOU'RE not a member of the NRA (and thats just the beginning point)...you're part of the problem! :(

First, if you simplify every problem into an US vs. THEM proposition you alienate everyone who doesn't agree with your particular point of view. For example, I am in favor of firearms but I find your position immature and over-simplified. I could be an ally but instead you choose to make me "a part of the problem".

Also, for the record, the NRA actually opposed putting D.C. v. Heller before the supreme court—how does that make any sense? Seriously, did you read anything I wrote?

Finally, the NRA opposed legislation to loosen CHL requirements in Oregon. I would argue that the NRA is part of the problem.

June, 2008. Ruled in favor of the second amendment. Did you read my links at all?

Try again....1939. US vs Miller...perhaps you haven't heard of it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Miller

Also, for the record, the NRA actually opposed putting D.C. v. Heller before the supreme court—how does that make any sense? Seriously, did you read anything I wrote?

yes..I've read all about it in the past. The NRA was hesitant about pushing this case for fear of loosing it. DC vs Heller was a huge gamble....and we just barely won it. If it went the other way....we'd be in a world of SH*T right now.

The NRA is the only LARGE organized lobby that is looking out for the rights of gun owners...you may not agree with EVERYTHING they do (I don't think anyone would agree with everything that a lobby does) but they represent gun owners in DC and at the state level.

In 1998 the NRA came to the rescue of Washington State on initiative 676....and the NRA was basically responsible for doing a "come from behind" win on this one. <broken link removed>

So I'll say it again...if you aren't supporting the NRA....we're getting tired of dragging YOU around. Get out of the wagon and help pull!

The NRA membership numbers are right around 4 million.

If every NRA member buys just one membership for a family member this Christmas, the NRA numbers double to 8 million. If every member bough two additional memberships, the number increases to 12 million.

We need to triple the number of memberships this year. The NRA is our representation in Congress. I know some people don't like the NRA because they supported Palin. Well, Palin isn't going to get in office in the next year, but Obama and the Democratic majority in Congress may strip us of our gun rights within the next year. Yes, the NRA did oppose loosening the restrictions on CHL licenses in Oregon. To that I say, join OFF and let Oregonians fight for Oregon's gun rights.

Don't let choices the NRA made in the past prevent them from helping us tomorrow. We need to stick together and the NRA is the most powerful lobby we have!
Join! Join! Join!

Buy your wife an NRA membership for Christmas!
Buy your relative that only hunts once a year an NRA membership!
Buy your kids NRA memberships!
Buy your dad an NRA membership!
Buy your mom an NRA membership!
Heck, buy your girlfriend/boyfriend/mistress an NRA membership! You may not be together next month, but they'll be a member for the rest of the year!

First, if you simplify every problem into an US vs. THEM proposition you alienate everyone who doesn't agree with your particular point of view. For example, I am in favor of firearms but I find your position immature and over-simplified. I could be an ally but instead you choose to make me "a part of the problem".

Finally, the NRA opposed legislation to loosen CHL requirements in Oregon. I would argue that the NRA is part of the problem.

The thing that strikes me as odd about this post is that you say that you "could be an ally" but because of the "us vs. them" label you place on the issue you consider the "position immature and oversimplified".

But then you say that "the NRA is part of the problem"?? Aren't you doing exactly what you are criticizing in others?? Because you don't agree 100% with the NRA's position on certain things (neither do I) you "won't become a member" and are thus excluding as "allies" to YOU the largest pro-gun rights lobby in the country.

I'm sorry but fair-weather friends are fine when the sky is clear but I need to be able to rely on my "allies" when the storm clouds gather and unfortunately most members of TDP (Todays Democrat Party) will bolt from the fight at the first signs of rain to avoid being seen as "part of the wing nuts".

And since when has there been an "official" Office of the President-Elect complete with a seal and everything?? BO is about as arrogant as they get...

Since 1963

Presidential Transition Act of 1963
<broken link removed>

Sec. 2. The Congress declares it to be the purpose of the Act to promote the orderly transfer of the executive power in connection with the expiration of the term of office of a President and the inauguration of a new President.
Sec. 3 (a) The Administrator of General Services,...is authorized to provide, upon request, to each President-elect and each Vice President-elect, for use in connection with his preparations for the assumption of official duties as President or Vice President necessary services and facilities, including-

(1) Suitable office space appropriately equipped with furniture, furnishings, office machines and equipment, and office supplies...

(2) Payment of the compensation of members of office staffs ...

(3) Payment of expenses for the procurement of services of experts or consultants or organizations ...

(4) Payment of travel expenses and subsistence allowances...

(5) Communications services ...

(6) Payment of expenses for necessary printing and binding...

(7) Reimbursement to the postal revenues in amounts equivalent to the postage...

and much more.

Bruce

Since 1963

Presidential Transition Act of 1963
<broken link removed>

Thank you for clarifying THAT one for me. It just seemed odd to see him standing in front of a podium with an "Office of the President-Elect" seal on it. That and the thing with him having a "seal" in some of his campaign materials before even being elected just seemed... arrogant.

I stand corrected. This time. :D

Keep this civil guys :s0155:

So when the NRA endorses an old man who is not only completely out of touch with the world but only interested in his own advancement, and a VP from some backwoods state who can't string three sentences together without embarrassing herself is why I can't support the NRA.

I didn't like McCain either, but the NRA has one issue and two choices. Are you going to endorse for the guy who sometimes supports your cause or the guy who never supports your cause? I'm no NRA-fanboy either, but I feel that's a poor reason to not join.

As for all the 'constitutionally protected' talk, how about the folks in Washington D.C. that have been disarmed since 1973, won a Supreme Court case, and are STILL having trouble legally exercising their second amendment rights?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top