JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

what is most likely to happen first?

• civil war

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • war with invasion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • financial collapse

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • natural disaster

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • die from bad healthcare

Votes: 8 12.5%

• Total voters
I am an employer in a hard, "crappy job" field.. and labor is my biggest problem. I've had as many as three separate crews running at once, but it comes and goes, and labor is always the deciding factor- not workload.

Right now it's just me, and I'm really OK with that. I do all the horrible, unreasonable, dirty, back-breaking work myself. Weird how I can handle it, even with a bad back and a bad shoulder.. I make more money, calorie for calorie, because I also make a margin on top of my wages, but I also did the job without complaint back when I worked for others.

Gonna need people, come summer, though.. not looking forward to the revolving door again. I love my job but I hate my industry.

I started working full time when I was 17. Part time years before that.

I put myself through college to get two degrees 30+ years ago.

I started out working every crap job you can imagine, usually manual labor - the worst one was the mushroom factory in Salem (those of you familiar with that place will know what I mean - so bad that even illegal immigrants complained about it - the ratio of line workers was 100 illegal hispanics to one legal white guy, the latter were mostly the supervisors and office workers).

Next year I turn 62.

My father worked a lot of crap jobs too - he grew up during the depression. He bought 50 acres of forest land that I can see from the edge of my current property, across the ravine. He cleared it - by hand. He worked until his mid 60s too.

He could usually get a job, but back in the 70s when I was young and had a family to support, I couldn't find even a minimum wage manual labor job in Oregon about half the time. I would work one temp job and then be unemployed for just as long and I was willing to do anything to support my family.

I finally went into the military to show that I was employable (by having training, experience and a work history). I still couldn't get a job when I got out in 1981, not a permanent one - so I used my GI Bill plan to go to college and thereafter getting a job was relatively easy.

My kids, they can and do get jobs almost anytime - they started out small but they have never had to work the kind of bad jobs I did. They have had a much better time of it than I did. I see a lot of "kids" not having to struggle the way I did, if they were willing to do the work, work up from the bottom, and not demand the jobs that require years of experience and pay double minimum wage.

I know older people will say they had it rougher than the next generation, but in many ways that is pretty much true. My parents had it rougher than I did. I had it rougher than my kids (although I am doing better now than they do and probably always will). In general, in first world countries at least, overall and over a period of time, subsequent generations do better than previous generations.

My parents grew up in the depression and lived through WWII. I had the benefit of growing up during their better years when there was always food on the table and they always had jobs.

My grandparents went through two world wars, and the great depression. My paternal grandparents were itinerant farm workers who never had more than an 8th grade education. Every single one of their 4 kids not only got a high school education, but 3 out of 4 got a college education, as did myself and my siblings.

So yeah, I do think things are better in some ways - at least economically - than they used to be, at least in first world countries. Some things have gotten worse - culturally at least.

Today's generation is stuck with trillions in debt, there is little future for them if the USA honors it's debts.

I am an employer in a hard, "crappy job" field.. and labor is my biggest problem. I've had as many as three separate crews running at once, but it comes and goes, and labor is always the deciding factor- not workload.

Right now it's just me, and I'm really OK with that. I do all the horrible, unreasonable, dirty, back-breaking work myself. Weird how I can handle it, even with a bad back and a bad shoulder.. I make more money, calorie for calorie, because I also make a margin on top of my wages, but I also did the job without complaint back when I worked for others.

Gonna need people, come summer, though.. not looking forward to the revolving door again. I love my job but I hate my industry.

Was in construction most of my life paving roads and building buildings. Common problem with the help is nobody trains a supervisor to get the best out of men doing hard work. It seems the supervisor thinks the help is stupid because they do hard work for a living so they treat them as stupid animals. Watched for years as every time a good man came along they would ride him to death and blame him for any problems.

Nobody wants to be treated like crap but that is construction, none of the companies treat the men as men. You either get tough or get out. Not a lifestyle for everyone but a good man can earn a great living.

I happen to live 100 miles from the coast (think tsunamis) on a MAJOR fault line (earthquake), next to 2 huge hydro dams (power failure), between two huge (1,000,000+ population) cities (Terror Targets), next to 2 active volcanos one of which has erupted in the last 35 years...

It could only be better if I live in tornado alley in a trailer, surrounded by pigs for Swine flu, and Chickens for Avian Flu, downwind from a lead smelter and a Sanotorium.

I'm betting it's zombies..

Last Edited:
As an example of how new intelligence changes everything; We now hear that ISIS is in New Mexico (invasion). Three weeks ago ISIS was not in the western hemisphere.
What will be the next announcement, that they have taken DC? :)

The velocity of bad news is increasing but soon there will be no bad news at all, just good news, no stories of Sheriffs along the border overwhelmed and bankrupted , nothing.

I doubt that there is a site that provides current satellite imagery of the area but it would be nice if there was

Last Edited:
Was in construction most of my life paving roads and building buildings. Common problem with the help is nobody trains a supervisor to get the best out of men doing hard work. It seems the supervisor thinks the help is stupid because they do hard work for a living so they treat them as stupid animals. Watched for years as every time a good man came along they would ride him to death and blame him for any problems.

Nobody wants to be treated like crap but that is construction, none of the companies treat the men as men. You either get tough or get out. Not a lifestyle for everyone but a good man can earn a great living.

A good Leader pulls his men a bad one pushes.

economic collapse for the US followed by separation of the states leading to war ( not civil as states will no longer be joined) for resources.

first:
I believe that our cr_p for brains leaders will continue to push us towards financial ruin, and that Americans will become noticeably poorer over a period of years.

second:
I believe that islamic followers will either detonate nuclear devices on US soil or will release deadly pathogens which will cause a massive number of deaths and panic.

third:
A financial collapse will occur after the above acts of terrorism, resulting in a breakdown in government handouts.

fourth:
Rioting will break out across the nation by those who have never worked but who feel that they are entitled. It will be a protracted mess that will escalate along racial lines.

fifth:
Martial law will be declared and people will be handled like livestock. Common people will have no rights and anyone who resists will be eliminated.

baltimore-bloods-crips-and-noi-3.jpg
The fusion of criminals, Radical Leftists and Islam

My Nightmare Scenario: The Cali drought will spread across the country. This drought will result in huge crop failures and shortages of corn. With so much corn dedicated to ethanol production Frito Lay will not be able to procure enough corn to maintain production levels and will cease making Cheetos. I can't really think of a scarier scenario.......unless Budweiser is forced to stop production of course.....

My Nightmare Scenario: The Cali drought will spread across the country. This drought will result in huge crop failures and shortages of corn. With so much corn dedicated to ethanol production Frito Lay will not be able to procure enough corn to maintain production levels and will cease making Cheetos. I can't really think of a scarier scenario.......unless Budweiser is forced to stop production of course.....

.:D

My Nightmare Scenario: The Cali drought will spread across the country. This drought will result in huge crop failures and shortages of corn. With so much corn dedicated to ethanol production Frito Lay will not be able to procure enough corn to maintain production levels and will cease making Cheetos. I can't really think of a scarier scenario.......unless Budweiser is forced to stop
Production of course.....

:eek: There are corn products in Budweiser

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews