JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

When Selecting Training Courses, What Is Most Important to You?

• Distance/Expense of Travel

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Price

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Reputation of Trainer

Votes: 30 73.2%
  • Amount of Ammunition required

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Days of the week it's scheduled

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Level of Difficulty

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • NWFA Member Discounts

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
This one isn't in your poll - good, relevant course content. And an accurate description of what's taught in the course and course objectives.
That's exactly what I was thinking. For example, I have no problem paying for Keith Tylers' classes. They're 8 hours but limited class size and very specific training objectives and a written training plan. Since I've taken some of his courses, I know that he works with everyone on each objective. You leave the class, not only with knowledge, but specific knowledge of your strengths and weaknesses and the means to set your own training goals.

Yes, money is important so would be willing to take a half day course with similar quality. I guess the biggest thing is to have a class, and not just a gun experience.

Course content and practical application of the material.
What am i learning , and how to effectively apply it.
Reputation is great, but does the trainer relate to the students in a way the information is understood?
I went to a few classes at FAS and the instructors varied in their approach. So much so that on the Shotgun class, I had fun and learned alot because the instructor knew his material, and knew how to relate it to the class in a way that it wasnt talking down to us non .Mill types. It was a safe and fun experience.
The next class was a defensive pistol class with another instructor that was , in my opinion , an arrogant prick. He loved his gun, and would tell everyone why it was superior to what we had. Also, he had no personality and was stiff as a board. If anyone deviated from his instructed stance and hand placement , he was quick to point that out to the class and move on to the next subject without offering solutions. It seemed like the class was bothering this guy with questions and taking up his time.
Good training is worth what ever price you pay.

I am looking to fine tune some of our course offerings for the upcoming 12 months and I would love to know what NWFA members think of when considering paying for training and finding out what is most important to them.

Please check all that apply, and suggestions are always welcome.

Really none of those. For me the most important factor is what's the point of the training? Is it to teach tactics in a defensive/ urban setting or is it to teach people to shoot well at static paper like at a conventional range?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top