JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How would it help with any gun? What happens if I buy a brass catcher for any of my firearms? Are we gong to try and make those illegal too? Do you know how much brass is left freely at a gun range where other people can simply just pick up a casing? Micro stamping is bullbubblegum. It does noting but makes Californians "feel good" that they have done something.

Lmao.. That and they'll (the criminals) just develop better pistol brass catchers. Or theyll switch over to revolvers.
Its a laughable push for more control.

Wouldn't it be a great idea if whenever a bad guy fires a weapon it put his ID on it. How would this help with a revolver ?
That would be great. How is microstamping going to achieve that? It would require the number from the firing pin/striker to be registered to the bad guy. I'm no genius, but it seems to me that a bad guy could avoid that by 1) having a stolen firearm or one that is otherwise not registered to him (straw buyer, firearm purchased with false ID) or 2) replacing the firing pin or sanding it down to obscure or remove the numbers, both of which would be relatively easy and cheap to do. It would not help with a revolver and CA has exempted revolvers from their scheme for this reason.

How would it help with any gun? What happens if I buy a brass catcher for any of my firearms? Are we gong to try and make those illegal too? Do you know how much brass is left freely at a gun range where other people can simply just pick up a casing? Micro stamping is bullbubblegum. It does noting but makes Californians "feel good" that they have done something.

This. A little treatment with sandpaper can also render microstamping useless.

Wouldn't it be a great idea if whenever a bad guy fires a weapon it put his ID on it. How would this help with a revolver ?

No it wouldn't. What it will do is make it easy for a criminal to pick up a piece of your brass and nail you with a crime by leaving it at the scene of his crime.

No it wouldn't.

I disagree. As a pie in the sky question it would be great if the gun (magically) put the bad guy's ID on it.

Aside from wishful thinking it is so close to being completely unrealistic that it might as well be an absolute. So many conditions would have to be present for it to work that it would be as statistically likely to be successful as one of us winning the mega millions jackpot. It should NEVER be mandated.

I disagree. As a pie in the sky question it would be great if the gun (magically) put the bad guy's ID on it.

Aside from wishful thinking it is so close to being completely unrealistic that it might as well be an absolute. So many conditions would have to be present for it to work that it would be as statistically likely to be successful as one of us winning the mega millions jackpot. It should NEVER be mandated.

They mandated it kalifornicatia.
That's why the manufactures put the state on a no sell list !

I already mark the bottom of my brass with a "unique sharpie" I can tell what's mine when we sort our brass:s0155: (I actually color code my rifle brass to keep track of how many times it was reloaded.)

Many have posted the flaws with micro stamping. It's only purpose, make it to expensive for the manufacturer. Either they'll quite making all firearms or they'll be available only to select people.

Microstamping is nothing more than a scheme the tyrants came up with to subvert the 2nd amendment, plain and simple. Might as well require all firearms be lighter-than-air and include a tether so we don't pollute the stratosphere with all those guns that might get away. All lighter-than-air guns are allowed, therefore our 2nd amendment rights remain intact. Tada, gun problem solved.

How is a "bad guy" ID going to get on a gun?

The ONLY thing that micro stamping would do, IF it worked as planned is show what gun the brass was fired from..............

Despite the media spin on micro stamping the fact remains......there already is "microstamping" in a sense. Its called ballistics fingerprinting which has been used by law enforcement for a long time.

This microstamping baloney is just a way to either get rid of guns through registration or simply make it too expensive to manufacture them.

Microstamping is when liberals want to appear doing something and stamp their Birkenstocks while pouting.. and no, it doesn't work.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews