Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

what is it worth????????

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by RICKGO1, Jan 1, 2010.

1. RICKGO1

RICKGO1 SPANAWAY WA Member

I have a Winchester 1894 trapper in 357 mag.Excellent condition.Fired maybe 100 rounds.orignal box and paper work. Anyone have idea of what I should ask at the gun show this weekend?
    Yes crossbar safety.

2. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

Hmmmm....

Pics?

3. RICKGO1

sorry wife took camra out of town with her.

4. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

without seeing it somewhere around $600-650 would be my guess.

5. RICKGO1

thanks for the input

6. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

I have a 94AE .357 which I could not tell if it had ever been fired when I bought it. Think I gave $450 for it less than a year ago.

7. RICKGO1

Was that befor Winchester stoped making them.I cant find any on gun broker right now.

8. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

might just be me,but I have a smilliar one,very good condition,and I would not thing it would bring near that much money.
    The cowboy shooters don't want them,too long a lever throw for speed for most of them.
    Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to rain on your parade but that is my opinion of the models
    I have been wrong before,many times..just ask swmbo. :)

9. RICKGO1

You are more than likely right Itook it to the gun show here & got 8 dealers offered 400.00 . I passed on all.
    Thanks Rick

10. tionico

tionico Thurston County Well-Known Member

Well, if eight dealers offered four hundred at the show, that means THEY could make money on it at that price.
    Put the thing on Gunbroker with a reserve of $450, and a buy it now at $650. Maybe $700, or $600.

If there are none listed now, and they are no longer made, and yours shows very little wear, take a set of dynamite photos (sharp, properly lit) and see what happens. You pay nothing unless it sells, and with the reserve price you won't get less than the $450.

You may find that one chap who has been wanting one, and wants a nice one, and will pay. I've been knocked right out of my chair when I put a high as the moon Buy it Now price... and had it met half an hour after I'd finished the listing. Hooie, made my WEEK. Never thought anyone would bite.

worst case, you've spent a bit of time listing it, and have exaclty what you have now. Your own gun, still in your home.

If that was a .30-30 I might be interested, but I've already got a .357 Lever Action Browning Model 92..... so what would I do with another similar one?

11. RICKGO1

GREAT idea I think I may try gun broker.