JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why limit yourself to potential buyers within close proximity? Who do you think is going to drive an extended distance to pick up an item to save a few dollars over retail? Is it really that difficult in today's day and age to accept electronic payment (or heaven forbid a PMO or check in the mail) and box an item up and drop it off at the Post Office? Makes absolutely no sense to me, but what do I know.

Last Edited:
1) Right now, it is more difficult to go into the PO or FedEx/etc. to ship something.

2) It is at least an hour's round trip for me (I live in the boonies).

3) The cost and hassle.

4) The hassle of depositing a check (again, an hour's round trip).

5) I don't sell stuff that can be shipped easily or inexpensively - guns and ammo.

Don't like it? Too bad, so sad.:rolleyes:

Lol, you know you can deposit a check remotely, right? How do you get your mail, Pony Express? You can print a label and the P.O. will come pick it up. Of course I know there's some old guys who probably don't know how to even turn on a computer, so there is that.

Funny too that the people unwilling to ship are usually the same ones bumping their adds every chance possible.

I would be reluctant to ship without a cleared payment first if it wasn't a well known member with established feedback. Too many scammers out there.

I ordered some bullets from Midway USA about a month ago and Midway shipped the order and the tracking followed the order to Salt Lake City, Utah and then stopped. The UPS tracking still shows the order in Salt Lake City. I contacted Midway and they are refunding my money. I also contacted UPS and they said the order was probably lost and I could file a claim with them. I also had a kitchen fan we ordered that was stuck in Portland for over a week. It was finally delivered. There are problems with shipping right now and I am hesitant to ship unless absolutely needed. I have some things to sell, but think I will hold off for a while. I don't want to deal with refunds for lost shipments etc.

Wonder the same thing. I have a few priority mail shipping boxes I keep to be able to mail from home. Paypal seems to of worked well the many times I have used it. Heck even used paypal to pay a face to face gun deal for $3k + using my credit card.

Lol, you know you can deposit a check remotely, right? How do you get your mail, Pony Express? You can print a label and the P.O. will come pick it up. Of course I know there's some old guys who probably don't know how to even turn on a computer, so there is that.

Funny too that the people unwilling to ship are usually the same ones bumping their adds every chance possible.

Don't have a printer.

Some people just don't want to hassle with shipping.

*shrug*

There are some great marketplaces out there.

I ship a lot. Most the time I use pirateship.com and am able to send small packages almost anywhere in the US for under $4. USPS even gives you free packing materials, you can order them right from USPS.com and your mailman will drop them off! Can't get easier.

Ok, sounds reasonable. Have you been scammed?
I've been bitten, not on here though. It pays to be cautious. The member feedback system is a valuable tool. Reputation is everything on this board via postings and feedback. That being said, some members just don't like the hassle of shipping and prefer meeting FTF. It could be due to work schedule or proximity to a shipper. It's their item, so their call. If you want the item bad enough you just have to deal with the sellers terms. I have several shipping accounts so I can email a prepaid shipping label that they can print, tape and drop. This is often a simple solution for a seller who initially didn't want to ship. If you offer that in your reply to their offer more often than not they will do it since you take that burden from them.

I use Venmo, Zelle and Cashapp.

I have them all connected to a free checking account that I only use for that stuff. Not that there is really that much risk nowadays anyway. Zelle is instant money in you bank account, good as cash. Venmo & Cashapp deposit to my bank in 2 days... although I usually just leave funds there for other small deals I pick up.

This month I've bought:

K1 Castle Nut System, new for $15 shipped
Shield 8rd mag with mag guts +2 extension for $20 shipped
BCM Mlok foregrip in like new condition for $10 shipped

Why limit yourself to potential buyers within close proximity? Who do you think is going to drive an extended distance to pick up an item to save a few dollars over retail? Is it really that difficult in today's day and age to accept electronic payment (or heaven forbid a PMO or check in the mail) and box an item up and drop it off at the Post Office? Makes absolutely no sense to me, but what do I know.
Beacause most the users here are old school and dont do the social media sheep thing or electronic funds. I dont do the shipping either, why should i put out the extra effort and risk in today culture of scams and litigation when it will sell localy for cash. Never seen a gun here i couldnt buy new for a few hundred more than used so you can always visit you lgs and order what ever you want.

I get both sides. No harm in only wanting to deal face to face, I know guys that only deal through shipping and would never meet face to face.

Just means there's deals to be had for those that can tread in between.

Beacause most the users here are old school and dont do the social media sheep thing or electronic funds. I dont do the shipping either, why should i put out the extra effort and risk in today culture of scams and litigation when it will sell localy for cash. Never seen a gun here i couldnt buy new for a few hundred more than used so you can always visit you lgs and order what ever you want.

Lol, "social media sheep thing", yet here you are posting in an online forum.

Yup it sounds like the hour drive to and from to meet up with someone who may or may not show sounds like the way to go.

I usually buy stuff, rarely sell things. The last few things I sold ranged from about $500 to $3000 each, so it was worth the trip and it was all ammo or firearms so not easily or cheaply shipped. One trip I sold one thing then bough 4 other things - in one trip. Never had anyone flake on me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top