JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
bbbass,

Wow, I'm in awe.

I've only given away 2 guns and a 150 rounds of fmj range rounds.

I'm gonna have to up my gun give away game, though in the last 2 years anticipating my (at any moment) demise, I've also given away a ton of other stuff to my Daughter and Granddaughter's, including a small fortune in cash, so there's that.

But, the arsenal I keep in every room...stays in every room until I croak as I don't believe in premature exiting due to home invasion and related intervention of my remaining topside...like so-called protest turds blocking my way when driving, though to be sure they're not in my part of the world, but tomorrow that could change...though I doubt it.

Oh believe me, I'm still well covered with more than one gun in every room. My gun safe still has about half what was in it before the giveaway started. Let's see... I've given a Ruger Bearcat, an M1 Carbine, and a Glock 19 in addition to the ones I mentioned in that post. I guess I like the thought of passing treasures on to somebody that will appreciate and use them.

Yep a gun forum with like minded people. I dont do nicnak facesmash twatter i dont care about followers or fake friends ive built what i have on hand shakes and my word.
Unfortunately, a lot of the younger generations don't get that concept. They all seem to think that they're entitled to instant gratification. If the power went out or they were to lose their phone they wouldn't know how to survive past their next soy boy latte.

I don't particularly trust/like the USPS either.

1) I get a notification that something was delivered by USPS, and it isn't. Shows up a few days later or I get a note to drive 15 miles to pick it up at the PO. Sometimes it never shows up.

2) My mail gets delivered to somebody else and I get other people's mail/packages.

As a buyer, this would be how I would approach it as well.

When it comes to buying firearms at a distance, I've always used a Postal Money Order, and paid for shipping costs. Since that type of Money Order is (fairly or almost) foolproof, nobody has ever made me wait til they got to the bank before they would ship.

This: "

2) My mail gets delivered to somebody else and I get other people's mail/packages".

Packages...NO/Mail - all the time.

I just put it in the proper box as we have RFD or put the red flag up with a note to the mail man or woman: Wrong address.

When it comes to buying firearms at a distance, I've always used a Postal Money Order, and paid for shipping costs. Since that type of Money Order is (fairly or almost) foolproof, nobody has ever made me wait til they got to the bank before they would ship.
Depends on your level of trust. If it's a non-supporting member with nothing but divisive and juvenile posts versus a well established supporting member with a solid feedback rating, well there you go.....

Why limit yourself to potential buyers within close proximity? Who do you think is going to drive an extended distance to pick up an item to save a few dollars over retail? Is it really that difficult in today's day and age to accept electronic payment (or heaven forbid a PMO or check in the mail) and box an item up and drop it off at the Post Office? Makes absolutely no sense to me, but what do I know.
I hate driving in the Portland traffic, so saving a few dollars wouldn't do it. But lack of availability is a great motivator.
Right now 'small rifle primers' are as scarce as hens teeth. Depending on the amount available and where they are? Yeah... I'll drive.

cigs,

Wait just a damn minute.

I am proud of the 'juvenile posts' I make, just ask of the site wardens who routinely delete them...huff.

In the words of greta thunderberg: How dare you?

Depends on your level of trust. If it's a non-supporting member with nothing but divisive and juvenile posts versus a well established supporting member with a solid feedback rating, well there you go.....

I'm not a seller here, but I don't think I'd sell to a member like that... just on principle. (Most of those are on my IGNORE list anyway)

But on the financial end of it, ya gotta have faith that the money is good on a Postal Money Order vs a personal check or one of the Moneygram thingies that can be easily faked.

At any rate, I would be worried about a flaky person refusing the gun, sending it back, making bogus claims, etc.

I don't like to ship but I will for those willing to pay actual shipping charges and I'll generally add $$$ for my time for low feedback members here.
I may be cheap but I'm not free.:s0037:

The thing is about shipping, there are those that work (I'm retired) and they're busy with family functions or whatnot, they are strapped for time and I can't blame them for not shipping. BTDTBTTS... I too have been told No shipping on something that I really really needed (wanted badly) but is their call, I take that with a grain of salt.;)

There seems to be a few threads per year come along by people who are all pizzed off about people not shipping, get over it the public is not here to serve you or anyone else for that matter...
:s0013::s0013::s0013::s0013::s0013::s0013::s0013:

Last Edited:
If the classifieds here had a very robust feedback system it would be much better to determine who u are dealing with. I've done some shipping deals as buyer and seller to known members here and it has always been great. I probably wouldn't buy from or ship to new members.

The problem as I see it is anonymity and lack of accountability. eBay, Craigslist, armslist r too anonymous and not enough accountability Imo.

And on the other end of the spectrum there are places like fredmiranda.com that has a used camera gear classifieds section. I have bought and sold thousands of dollars worth of used camera equipment on Fredmiranda.com and never had an issue cuz I only sell or buy from those with good feedback. Their feedback system makes it easy to tell who I are dealing with. If that kind of robust feedback system is added here then shipping won't be an issue cuz you will know who u r buying from/selling to. That's my thinking anyway. Until then, find known members or face to face for
Max reliability or use your local FFL as middle man if they r willing (for a fee of course I mean). Also it may be worth considering to pay for insurance for each shipment.

Even before the current "crisis" shipping was and is a crap shoot. Fifty years I had stuff "lost" in the mail and by other carriers. SO if a person does not want to ship, why not respect their decision? They know what their audience is and it is their choice NOT anyone else's! Has anyone else notice the current 'failings and bottlenecks' with the much touted 'technology'! KISS - keep it simple stupid does have value! Face to face transactions do have unidentifiable benefits!

@therealhitman , I'm with ya my friend! 'Course this might have something to do with the spare tire around my middle!:rolleyes:

best-milk-shake-ever-7.jpg

There are gun owners, and there are gun people. They are not always the same thing, especially on forums such as this one. For the former, buying or selling online with shipping, and lacking the confidence to do so just might put them out of their comfort zone. So, they are best off not doing so. And I will never push the issue.

For actual gun people, and especially accumulators and collectors, if it was not for buying and selling online requiring shipping, our hobby would be difficult. And we have evolved an extra sense, to know who to deal with. In my collector circles, often an item is shipped before payment is received. These folks are the kind of people I'd like to have as neighbors.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top