What is it with people not being willing to ship in the classifieds?

Reactions
Why limit yourself to potential buyers within close proximity? Who do you think is going to drive an extended distance to pick up an item to save a few dollars over retail? Is it really that difficult in today's day and age to accept electronic payment (or heaven forbid a PMO or check in the mail) and box an item up and drop it off at the Post Office? Makes absolutely no sense to me, but what do I know.

Last edited:

The Heretic

Reactions
1) Right now, it is more difficult to go into the PO or FedEx/etc. to ship something.

2) It is at least an hour's round trip for me (I live in the boonies).

3) The cost and hassle.

4) The hassle of depositing a check (again, an hour's round trip).

5) I don't sell stuff that can be shipped easily or inexpensively - guns and ammo.

Don't like it? Too bad, so sad.:rolleyes:

OP
B
Reactions
Lol, you know you can deposit a check remotely, right? How do you get your mail, Pony Express? You can print a label and the P.O. will come pick it up. Of course I know there's some old guys who probably don't know how to even turn on a computer, so there is that.

Funny too that the people unwilling to ship are usually the same ones bumping their adds every chance possible.

crossbow5

Reactions
I ordered some bullets from Midway USA about a month ago and Midway shipped the order and the tracking followed the order to Salt Lake City, Utah and then stopped. The UPS tracking still shows the order in Salt Lake City. I contacted Midway and they are refunding my money. I also contacted UPS and they said the order was probably lost and I could file a claim with them. I also had a kitchen fan we ordered that was stuck in Portland for over a week. It was finally delivered. There are problems with shipping right now and I am hesitant to ship unless absolutely needed. I have some things to sell, but think I will hold off for a while. I don't want to deal with refunds for lost shipments etc.

The Heretic

Reactions
Lol, you know you can deposit a check remotely, right? How do you get your mail, Pony Express? You can print a label and the P.O. will come pick it up. Of course I know there's some old guys who probably don't know how to even turn on a computer, so there is that.

Funny too that the people unwilling to ship are usually the same ones bumping their adds every chance possible.
Don't have a printer.

Some people just don't want to hassle with shipping.

*shrug*

Ok, sounds reasonable. Have you been scammed?
I've been bitten, not on here though. It pays to be cautious. The member feedback system is a valuable tool. Reputation is everything on this board via postings and feedback. That being said, some members just don't like the hassle of shipping and prefer meeting FTF. It could be due to work schedule or proximity to a shipper. It's their item, so their call. If you want the item bad enough you just have to deal with the sellers terms. I have several shipping accounts so I can email a prepaid shipping label that they can print, tape and drop. This is often a simple solution for a seller who initially didn't want to ship. If you offer that in your reply to their offer more often than not they will do it since you take that burden from them.

Lasers

Reactions
I use Venmo, Zelle and Cashapp.

I have them all connected to a free checking account that I only use for that stuff. Not that there is really that much risk nowadays anyway. Zelle is instant money in you bank account, good as cash. Venmo & Cashapp deposit to my bank in 2 days... although I usually just leave funds there for other small deals I pick up.

This month I've bought:

K1 Castle Nut System, new for $15 shipped
Shield 8rd mag with mag guts +2 extension for $20 shipped
BCM Mlok foregrip in like new condition for $10 shipped

Unicykle

Reactions
Why limit yourself to potential buyers within close proximity? Who do you think is going to drive an extended distance to pick up an item to save a few dollars over retail? Is it really that difficult in today's day and age to accept electronic payment (or heaven forbid a PMO or check in the mail) and box an item up and drop it off at the Post Office? Makes absolutely no sense to me, but what do I know.
Beacause most the users here are old school and dont do the social media sheep thing or electronic funds. I dont do the shipping either, why should i put out the extra effort and risk in today culture of scams and litigation when it will sell localy for cash. Never seen a gun here i couldnt buy new for a few hundred more than used so you can always visit you lgs and order what ever you want.

OP
B
Reactions
Beacause most the users here are old school and dont do the social media sheep thing or electronic funds. I dont do the shipping either, why should i put out the extra effort and risk in today culture of scams and litigation when it will sell localy for cash. Never seen a gun here i couldnt buy new for a few hundred more than used so you can always visit you lgs and order what ever you want.
Lol, "social media sheep thing", yet here you are posting in an online forum.

The Heretic

Reactions
Yup it sounds like the hour drive to and from to meet up with someone who may or may not show sounds like the way to go.
I usually buy stuff, rarely sell things. The last few things I sold ranged from about $500 to $3000 each, so it was worth the trip and it was all ammo or firearms so not easily or cheaply shipped. One trip I sold one thing then bough 4 other things - in one trip. Never had anyone flake on me.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom