JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Get a Picket Pocket slide rule. With log-log decitrig you can do all your computing without the need for a source of power.

Man is the source of all measurements. Without man, there are no measurements.

Dental Floss is a good idea I am thinking. It goes well with paracord.

Probably want to throw a 70's era math textbook in there to go with that sliderule, as it will probably show some of the tips and tricks, like multiplying large numbers using logs, converting between sin and cosine (most slide-rules seem to have sin, but not cosine, which can be important).

I suppose if there weren't two guys sitting there at some point in the past trying to establish exactly who was bigger measurement might never have come into existence, I suppose man is the measure of all things...

I cannot leave the dollar store without getting a 3 pack of lighters, I have them everywhere, in every rig, toy and bag.

Also I've been buying 100# propane tanks, my generator and all of my camp gear runs on it so I buys them and have them certified and filled.

I think I have over 75 hours of generator fuel and used sparingly a couple hours a day could last for months.

Unlike the huge stationary tanks I can move my bottles with a hand truck and load them into the BOV trailer and take them with.

Bill

A Sillcock Key.

From Wiki: "Most handles on residential homes are connected to the valve shaft and fastened down with a screw. Although on most commercial and industrial applications they are fitted with a removable key called a "loose key", "water key", or "sillcock key", which has a square peg and a square ended key to turn off and on the water; the "loose key" can be removed to prevent vandals from turning on the water.[citation needed] ...Although most of the time a "loose key" is on industrial and commercial applications, they may also be found at homes by the seashore to prevent passers-by from washing the sand off their feet.[citation needed]"

Ok I am looking for 'weird' preps most ppl may not think about... And what you use it for. Mostly like cheap stuff you can buy in bulk and has several uses. The ultimate "prepper" preps if you will....

Like:

-Paraffin wax, I seen it in 'What you did to prep today' thread and not sure its uses for prepping. I know canning but thats it. (my mom uses it for a hand spa therapy)

- Diatomaceous Earth (DE)- Seen this in prep section quite a bit for filter media... Or what else can you use it for...?

Any other cool things like this most ppl like me wouldnt think about, to add to their preps?

DE is used as a barrier treatmet to keep out bugs shorty after any contact they die.Its like a million microscopic razor blades slicing up their exoskeliton,they dehydrate and die.sprinkle it around perimeter of house/sub area/attic/garden,ect. use a hand duster spay it in any crack or creavas outlet covers baseboards plumbing voids all popular with bugs.(if u didnt guesse Im an exterminator)

If you have an extra freezer in your home then make yourself some portable and leak proof emergency "ice blocks" by simply rinsing out your empty milk jugs, filling them 2/3 full of water, capping them, and letting them freeze. If there is ever a power outage of any length, you can simply transfer the frozen milk jugs over to your refrigerator and your food will stay cold for several days. The smaller half-gallon jugs work great in coolers and ice chests, they dont get everything inside wet like melting bags of ice do. Make sure to only fill the jugs 2/3 full to allow for the expansion of the ice as it freezes. My plan for dealing with a long term power outage is to preserve my food with stored ice for the first day or two, then use my generator to run my freezer only in order to make more ice. This will conserve fuel and reduce the load on the generator.

ha thought it was just me that did that.water+cooler cant beat it. i us langers juice bottles though. the kids polish of one every two days and they are pretty square stack in better

Remington "Rem Oil" wipes, buy a pretty good handfull for about $6... individual tear packs which weigh nuthin' and take up no space either. I keep a dozen or so in my Bug Out Pack and tac vest. Going through the brush, getting caught in the rain, you can wipe down your rifle with teflon and go.

Does anyone remeber making a Hobo Stove in around 6th grade for outdoor school? Take a tuna can, corregated cardboard strips cut the with of the tuna can profile (cross cut to the "grain" of the corregations , tightly roll the cardboard strips to the ID of the tunna can and pack the can. Then pour melted parafin wax until the can (and corregations) are filled, let it cool/harden... Bam, long-term storage burners that can cook a feakin' steak & egg dinner, made from almost 100% recycled post consumer materials.

I now have a bug up my arse to make a bunch of these!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top