JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I took a CPR class from a veteran firefighter. Asked him what he carried in his trunk....he said "medical tape and baby diapers". Any accident where people are so cut up need absorbant pressure. I've added a tournaquet and wound pads since then.

1) .45 Automatic Pistol...
2) Two boxes of ammunition...
3) Four days of concentrated emergency rations
4) Drug issue containing antibiotics , morphine , vitamin pills , pep pills , sleeping pills , tranquilizer pills...
5) One miniature Russian phrase book and Bible...
6) One hundred dollars in Rubles , one hundred dollars in gold...
7) Nine packs of chewing gum...
8) One issue of prophylactics...
9) Three lipsticks...
10) Three pair of nylon stockings...

Packing list courtesy of Major T.J. "King" Kong....:D
Andy

4) Drug issue containing antibiotics , morphine , vitamin pills , pep pills , sleeping pills , tranquilizer pills...
9) Three lipsticks...

Packing list courtesy of Major T.J. "king" Kong....:D
Andy

That's a fake list. @AndyinEverson would never carry anything as cutting edge as a .45 unless it's a .45 Ye Olde Duelling Pistol.
The rest I believe.
:D

9) Three lipsticks...

Packing list courtesy of Major T.J. "king" Kong....:D
Andy

Are you sure you're not parachuting in some where?:D:D

Here we go....

6x 30 rd AR mags loaded with HP ammo stashed behind my seat.

A blister pack of green tip.

A single shot .22 + 1000 rds.

3 days sea rations.

A bunch of mountain house and MREs.

Water and Gatorade. Gallons and bottles

Tramua kit.

Mag ligh behind passenger seat.

Multi tool amd extra folding knife.

High lift jack

Full size shovel

Winch

Various straps, pulleys, tow hich and recovery gear, empty sand bags.

Machete, axe, saw, And fixed blade knife.

Various pistol magazines, holsters and pouches, and a little extra 10mm and 9mm ammo, WML and spare batteries, phone charging battery pack.

Basic survival kit inlcusing water purification. Etc.

Hiking Backpack and sleeping bag, blanket

Boo boo kit

Extra boots, clothes, socks

Alhocol stove.

When traveling in winter or long distances, or woods I toss an AR in there, along with a propane stove and 4 bottles.

Big tarp, rain fly, sleeping pad, hammock, parachord.

I think that is all if it?

What is the planned use for the empty sand bags?

I keep a Leatherman tool, adjustable wrench, an old heavy down winter coat, a couple clark bars and a few zip ties.

When I lived in Texas one of my customers went after a wild hog with his 12 gauge, slipped on a wet log and blew his heel off. He was able to crawl back to his pickup and stop the bleeding with a zip tie which saved his life. It was never said but I always assumed beer was a contributing factor to the accident.

If it's a half ton town truck, a quarter ton of ammo a few rifles and a weeks supply of food and shelter for you and yours. If it's a 3/4 ton or 1 ton full size diesel, a half ton of ammo and rifles and a weeks supply of food and shelter for you and yours, a trailer hitch, a 19' boat full of gas. Fishing gear. Camper is good. 120 volt adapter.

Interesting you should ask.

Here is the list:
2 sets of chains
Water
Roll of Gorilla tape
A bunch of snack bars
Jumper cables
Fix a flat
tire plugs and tarred rope with tire tool
truck jack
a bag of redman
ammo can with first aid stuff (bandaids, iodine, compresses, neosporin, diphenhydramine, aspirin,sunblock, immodium, caffiene pills, a few prescription drugs, epinephrine, 2x #3 sutures/needles with monofilament, 1 #5 cat gut suture/needles, a stainless steel surgical stapler and staple remover, 30 pack of butterfly bandages, an army ranger first aid manual, a pound of calcium chloride, and some broad spectrum antibiotics, some more antibiotics for gram negative stuff (clavanulanic acid) surgical forceps, super glue.)
ammo can with 9mm,.357,556,12ga,20ga,.22.
1500 watt sine wave inverter tied to a 120 watt solar panel and a 12 volt sealed agm battery @235 ah.
rechargeable lights
1 come along
1 3500lb yellow tow strap
a huge dog bed
1 old bird dog
1 liter of motor oil
1 5'x7' 5mm pvc shower liner
1 am/fm radio
some candles
a 12 volt air compressor
1 james brown live at the Apollo casette
1 allman brothers casette
1 stainless coffee mug
1 30 year old goose hunting coat
now if i could just get the damned thing off the blocks and off of the front lawn, I'd be all set.

Last Edited:
I like to keep a couple of mags for my most frequently carried pistol in the glove box. A tourniquet, and something to start fires with. "Mountain money" - toilet paper and Flash light in the vehicle.

Besides that though. Jumper cables, entrenching tool, campers axe, flat tire repair kits and air compressor. In addition to a backpack of spare clothes and shoes in the trunk.

I don't like to keep anything in my car that financially would be difficult if it got stolen, but those "few" items allow a lot of situations to be remedied self contained.

"And all this stuff is now in my new truck."
But will you keep track well enough to know what you have should you need it? :D

A bunch of napkins from fast food restaurants. Apply directly to the wound.
One side effect of the heart meds I take is runny nose, in addition to life long sinus trouble. I really hate to blow a payload of gelatinous snot into my hand when a Kleenex disintegrates, and Burger King napkins hold up to such abuse. And they're FREE!! Statistically speaking I have to deal with an impending snot rocket a lot more often than I have to soak up a firkin of blood with Burger King (or Wendy's) napkins. Since I don't eat fast food any more* the only reason I go there is for the napkins. :p

* After surviving a fatal heart attack I had to make some lifestyle changes to avoid a replay. It's amazing what a motivator dying in agony can be to convince one to change one's ways. :eek:

I have all kinds of crap in my truck, but my commuter car only has a small space that can be hidden from folks that want to break windows and steal. Thus, I have my most comfortable running/walking shoes, a water filter, a N95 mask and an empty crushed flat gatoraid bottle in my Bug out pack. In the car in various pockets I also have flashlights, Leatherman, binocs, maps and knives I can toss in should I choose to. But the 4 things are the only thing in my pack.

In addition to my EDC and some type of GHB containing food, water, extra clothing, and other essentials:
  • Tow strap
  • Snatch block
  • Short length of chain
  • Receiver hitch clevis
  • Basic hand tools
  • Fleece gloves
  • Leather work gloves
  • Sunglasses
  • Reading glasses
  • Safety glasses
  • Ear plugs
  • Notepad
  • Pen/pencil
  • Tire pressure gauge
  • 12V Air compressor
  • Tire plug kit
  • Jack
  • Lug wrench
  • Spare tire
  • Large tire Fix-a-flat
  • Tire chains (winter)
  • Spare fuses/lamps
  • Extra Flashlight
  • Fixed-blade knife
  • First aid kit
  • Toilet paper
  • Disinfecting wipes
  • Maps
  • Winch controller
  • Spare winch solenoid
  • CB radio
  • Towel
  • Extra 1 gallon water
  • 2 Tarps
  • Axe
  • Shovel
  • Rope
  • Tie-down straps
  • 4-30 min. flares
  • Bungee cords
  • Fire extinguisher
  • 800W Inverter
  • Jumper cables
  • 12V Heater
  • The best dual-purpose battery money can buy under the hood
  • Pistol lock box cabled to seat frame
  • Dash cam
  • 12V USB charger
  • 2nd spare mag for EDC pistol
If I'm traveling more than 30 miles from home, I throw in more food such as MREs.

Last Edited:
I've got a box of Tactical Twinkies :D

True story: A bunch of us helped a friend move a while back. When we picked up his couch, someone saw a full unopened box of Hostess donuts, the chocolate covered kind. They grabbed the box and buddy laughed and noted that he had wondered where those had gone, as he'd lost them when he'd moved in 7 years back. We put the couch down, opened the box and all sat around on the couch eating the new find much to everyone's satisfaction.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top