Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Answered What is done to people who flake out on buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
Ive had 2 so far flake out after we made deals the last few weeks. one I even held for a couple weeks.

Kids have no respect for their word. I guess integrity isn't something parents teach no more. I love passing up sales because I trusted them. Sad people are such flakes

If you gave them every chance and good faith effort and they still turned craigslist flake on you, nuke em' in the feedback. Otherwise they will just continue to waste other peoples time as well. I wouldn't get all dramatic in the review, just the facts of the situation would do.

My old boss used to say; “don’t make me circumcise you with pinking shears”

OP...if they flaked after genuine communication, I would give them a negative feedback. That way the rest if us won’t get burned.

I’ll bet there were no urinals at that work-place, huh? :s0112:

GOG

Reactions
That's how I picked up that jungle carbine in the classifieds just last Friday. The seller was a good guy, holding it for him and even willing to meet him halfway between Medford & Portland. Instead the guy disappeared and I had second dibs.

The guy was a jerk. I got a nice gun. :cool:

If the final deal was made and they flaked or were a no-show, you can leave a negative feedback. It provides warning for future transactions. (I have zero tolerance for flakes, either business or pleasure, so I personally would.)

One of the board rules, for whatever it is worth is:

Follow through once you commit to a purchase, sale, or trade
Once you commit to a deal you should do your best to follow through. Members who flake on deals will likely receive negative feedback, which will not be removed.
Cheers.

Question answered, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is technically competent in all aspects of gunsmithing and...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and chairs to be damn near perfect. They try and for the...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months of use and a handful of speed steel events, I...
    • Mister Bisley

Staff online