JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have a Remington Model 700 VLS short action stock. Actually I have the whole rifle but it's time to finally do that sniper rifle build.

So what is a nice piece of wood like that worth? Anything? Just seems like a waste to toss it as it's a good looking stock, and I would like to recoup some of the cost of a new stock.

Thoughts or suggestions would be great

Anyhow, it looks like this:
700vls-prod.ashx.jpg

Everything I can find says it is a laminated wood Monte Carlo style stock...Cant find the material at all. Oh well, gorgeous stock for a heavy barreled rifle. I guess I'll do some thinking and see if it's worth the effort to put it up.

Yeah, I'm thinking it would have to go as a nationwide sale, so somewhere like Gun Broker...I just hate giving my money up for the sellers fees, I'm a touch...Frugal, yeah let's just say that.

Take off stocks are definitely worth something, just seem my signature. My first rifle was a barreled action, I bought off a fellow gun club member. I then went to Ebay (this was back in the very early 2000's) and paid 50 bucks for a 700 ADL LA stock. I was happy to spend it and the stock was a brand new take off from someone building something else. Depending on the stock, I'd say 50-75 bucks, maybe 100 if it was something unique. Course, this is coming from a buyer and not a seller, so other opinions will vary.

The market would be a lot broader than you think. Any Rem 700 short action with a hinged floorplate would fit into this stock regardless of the barrel contour (unless you had an insanely heavy custom barrel hung on your action). Actually even an ADL blind mag gun could be converted w/ a floorplate and work just fine too. The lighter countour barrels on the factory 700's are gonna have a bit of "freefloat"....lol....but they would work just fine. I had a VLS in .223 that I stupidly sold and it was arguably the nicest simplest varmint gun that I ever owned. Personally if they weren't a bit heavy for my current taste I think the Laminates are much more attractive. Good luck with your sale......

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top