JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you have to ask, you do not have enough! ;)

My response as well...along with;

Screenshot_2018-04-19-07-46-42-1.png

I've consolidated to a few primary calibers: 9mm, .38 special, .357 magnum, .223, 12 GA, .270, and of course .22. I have rifles and handguns in each of those calibers (except 12 GA and .270) so I focus on mags and ammo. Rather than spread myself thin with more calibers, I just buy more of the same. Pick some up whenever I hit the store. When there's a good rebate, buy more. Store it in ammo boxes with a desiccant and humidity guage. Same can be said for mags. Quite a few things take Glock and 10/22 mags.

Oh, don't neglect other supplies as well. Food, water source, TP, and medical supplies are good examples. And the training to go with it. I know this is an ammo thread, but I think it's always good to have a reminder.

I have always looked at it as "If I could not buy any more would it last me a year". Now after the last great panic I keep twice as much .22 ammo now. For other stuff still look at it as enough for a year BUT, I also keep enough parts to roll my own for much longer than that if I need to again.

If your UPS guy knows where to come when SHTF and is also contemplating retirement because of back issues.........
You are always on the look out for cheap ammo cans in bulk..........
You buy it cause it's sooooo cheap you can not just pass it up.........
You get emails from multiple companies every day about ammo deals........
Your running out of space for reloading components and look for wider shelving......
You find ammo in a caliber you don't even have a weapon for and buy one the next time you're at a gun shop.......
You decide to store it in a safe but now realize you should have bought a bigger one.....
you want to take an inventory of it and decide you don't have that kind of time available......
instead of shoes taking up space on the floor of all the closets it's ammo cans.........
you advise all your neighbors if your house catches fire to run away FAST......

you may be on your way to having enough.

A rifle with no ammo is called, a club.
A pistol with no ammo is called - a rock.

Funny - how the lack of one little ol' 30 cent cartridge can completely destroy any value and usefulness of the finest 2k battle rifle.

I don't go on how much I have, I go by how much I shoot. I try and buy twice as much as I shoot as an ongoing rule.
Good guideline for each load you use regularly. Start with two sealed cases; open one to use and put the other in storage. When you use your open case down to half, order a replacement; when it's empty, pull your oldest out of storage and order another. "If you plant two every time you cut one, you'll have a forest growing before you know it."

THIS!!! UGHHH!! "theres those two full boxes of 12ga i bought 4 months ago!" forgot i had that. LOL

I was going through a cabinet the other day and found a really heavy bag. I opened it and found 650 rounds of .357 I didn't remember I had. I groaned and put it in the "ammo" closet with the rest. :D

I was cleaning the garage last week and located an old large size Costco laundry detergent bucket I hadn't seen for at least two years. I thought I had lost it in the move from OR to MT. STUFFED with projectiles! Some of my very best ones, too! What a relief! It made me really happy to be re-united with that stash. I guess I am just easily entertained.

I'm reminded of a statement by the Rockefeller's many years ago when asked how much money does it take to be content...their answer...just a bit more than what you have.

Apply the same reasoning to ammo and you'll be fine.

The struggles are real. Trying to find a free spot in all the nooks and crannies to stuff one more box. I was a little bummed the other day. I thought of empty spot to put a gun and what do you know. There are already guns there I had forgotten about. Made me very happy until I realized I didn't have any ammo for one of the calibers. Well been buying ammo for that and of course there are dies that had to be bought as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top