JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup !!!

gun store.jpg

"Enough" ammunition" ? My friends...please allow me to tell you if you don't know... it.is like a...bird.

Yes! ... A bird! It... it...um, keeps flying away!

FLYING AWAY I TELL YOU!

Bwwahahahahahahahahahah!

In my opinion, it depends on how much & how often you shoot. Long answer short, my personal measure on this: If I had enough ammo to go plinking for a year or two without resupply, I have enough. Of course, I'd like to have more ammo on-hand than just enough.

A old timer friend once told me to just keep stocking up when I get paid, or can afford it, so I did. Sure saved my butt when Sandyhook tragedy hit & ammo were scarce for while.

In my opinion, it depends on how much & how often you shoot. Long answer short, my personal measure on this: If I had enough ammo to go plinking for a year or two without resupply, I have enough. Of course, I'd like to have more ammo on-hand than just enough.

A old timer friend once told me to just keep stocking up when I get paid, or can afford it, so I did. Sure saved my butt when Sandyhook tragedy hit & ammo were scarce for while.
Yup, better a slow steady planned buildup, no more than a case at a time, than a panic crash buy.

There's some words.

I currently have about 2000 rounds in two ammo boxes. My workplace is near a local gun store and I stop in to buy a couple of boxes (50 per) about every other day. I'll be buying another ammo box that will hold 1000 here soon. I still feel like 3000 is under the norm. What do you keep in store?
I am assuming you meant that you have 2000 rounds per firearm.

When you have to set it on the floor because the shelves are all full, you'll have close to enough:)

When you have to get your grandson to help you move your ammo to a new location in the house, then you have enough. The floor joists were complaining and I had to store them on steel shelving on a concrete floor.

My theory on ammo, or even gun stuff.

When you find it when you are not looking for it, then you probably need more.

After watching three minutes of the Dem shouting/lying match a few nights ago my wife shut off the TV and got on line and ordered more components. I am reluctant to disclose volume. Buy steadily. If you are still wondering what is enough, you haven't got there yet. If you start to run out of space and have started giving it away to your kids and sons-in-law....you are getting there. Molan Labe.

When the safe got full and the cabinet had enough components in it to build a moon rocket..:eek:
I thought I would put the lead pot away and called it quits for a while.:rolleyes:
Then I got started on round balls and BP...:p

This. Absolutely!

Currently have "about" 7,500 rounds of centerfire ammunition out from our stowage. Various calibers.

Setting in our living room.

Because it's charge up magazine time, is all.

Haven't had the time to set down recently after range trips to get to it, as we normally would. Handgun magazines excluded.

So, I've set some time aside to charge up magazines we've run, and bump up more (again). Have bumped up in the past, which has been handy when we're shorter on time. Just grab & go.

Having extra secure stowage options available is also handy. Cans & space. Etc.

As to the general question of how much ammunition to have on hand? See @a6m5 's post for a good idea.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top