JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was looking through a couple of ammo boxes that my grampa gave me and came across two M119 Booby traps.

What are they? How do you rig them?

0605002302a.jpg

downsized_0605002302.jpg

I dunno anything about these, but my Googlefoo lead me to this:

000.jpg

http://www.scribd.com/doc/22255047/Employ-Hand-Grenades

CAUTION
Do not pull the igniter cord on the M117, M118, or M119 booby trap simulators by hand as they will immediately activate. Booby trap simulators may cause ear damage or burns if activated within 2 meters of personnel. Never open a simulator; the photoflash powder is extremely susceptible to flash ignition by even a slight amount of friction.

That would be a training aid on the proper way to set the real thing or detect them. Nothing says you screwed up like a very loud whisle in the ear. Also a politically correct early warning signal to approaching threat.

Maybe PM Cocktailer he needed a theft deterant for his car.:s0114:

Judging by the date I would be somewhat carefull handling those.

Does anyone know how to set up the m119 booby trap simulator? I cant find anything on the net on how to set it up.

Look up trip wire. We had them for training. What we called booby traps back then are IED's today. The idea is make the wire invisible, so a person walking will cause the wire to be pulled. Being pulled it will set off some sort of device, grenade, bomb, etc. There were other types beside the trip wire kind. Like today, there are pressure type, set off by stepping on them, command detonated activated remotely, Those are the three that Charlie used on us.

When you set your trip flare or device the spring can be used to rig the flare or device to activate it if the trip wire is found and cut. That's what the extra staples/nails are for.
Nothing more unnerving than having someone crawl up on your position and de-rig your trip flare and throw it into your position on a very dark, windy pouring down rain night. (>:}-

Last Edited:
The civilian version is a string pop. I had someone stealing fuel from my pickup so I took some .006" D steel cable I use to fly control line model airplanes and strung it about 12" off the driveway between the cars and the fences. Then ran it to a deadfall trap (think Elmer Fudds rabbit trap in the cartoons) with 10 string pops attached to it.

Sure enough on the 2nd night some *** came into the drive way tripped the wire and the deadfall pulled the string on 10 of them little string pops. Must have scared the crap oout of them real good I ended up with a real nice 5 gallon metal Jeep can and a pretty nice siphon rig that they dropped looking for a place to clean out their pants

Told the Silverton cops about it and when they got done laughing they wanted to know if they could do anything I said no the new Jeep can pretty much covered the stolen gas and the siphon thing covered the string pops and the time. They left laughing out loud

So unravel the and there should be a cord to tie off to? How tight do i have to make the wire?

I used these back in the 60's when on active duty. Simple setup. Nail device to solid surface. Attach wire to pull cord and stretch across desired path at desired hieght. form loop in wire and attach spring. Secure other end of spring to solid surface. Leave small amount of slack in remaining wire and secure end to same surface as spring is nailed to. The spring will keep the wire tight regardless of temperature expansion/contraction of the wire. Just noisy but the devious mind can always figure out ways to make them "more effective".

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top