JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I caught wind of a 4.5 acre wooded property boardered by a creek and a logging road.

There is a local black bear that I saw with my own eyes on my third drive up there. The locals say that there is a large herd of elk that circles the little boxed in valley.
It's located around 700ft at the base of the coastal mountain range.

Last Edited:
Depending on location, one of the biggest problems with owning it would be vandalism. This would come into play mostly if you didn't live there, but is always likely in very rural areas.

That said, I'd consider something like this a great place to live if a few things can be accomplished. Can electricity be brought in? Is there a high likelihood that you can dig a successful well on the property? Are there any building restrictions?
If you can get electricity and a well, you can live there in comfort. I mention building restrictions because I'd need at least one large building to house all of my vehicles, protecting them from both the elements and vandalism.
If the electricity and well can be done, but isn't in, I'd say that shouldn't be worth more than $80-100,000.

If kept bare bones and secured as well as possible, it could serve well for a hunting/retreat cabin with little problems, I suppose. Having a place like that as an escape could prove invaluable. An outhouse and packed in water could work for this type of use.

I'd try to buy it if I could.

Way too many variables to address in a place like this. 4.5 acres is pretty small raising the cost per acre value maby X3 or more. If there is log-able timber it increases the value, the regional market is different everywhere. We buy rural (hunting) unfarmable property here in eastern Oregon/Western Idaho in large tracts.......like over 300 acres for 300-700 per acre. Small parcels of the same ground can be 5,000 an acre. I would start by having a conversation with a local realtor that specializes in rural property along with some internet research you might get an idea. The county will have a value assigned for tax purposes but they can be wildly off the mark, either high or low.

You should pay what the seller wants for it or most likely they won't sell to you.

Silly question You can't buy and sell something at the same time. One person has to sell it the other has to buy it.

4.5 acres isn't hunting property. I live on 5 acres, I'm about a football field wide by two football fields long. So if I'm in the center of my property and I shoot something, unless it's DRT, it will die on someone else's land.

P

4.5 acres isn't hunting property. I live on 5 acres, I'm about a football field wide by two football fields long. So if I'm in the center of my property and I shoot something, unless it's DRT, it will die on someone else's land.

P
I quit hunting on my 10 acres for that reason.
I never stopped shooting the quail out behind the barn though.

Zoning. Building restrictions, if applicable. Water if applicable. Firearm restrictions. Hunting restrictions. Noise ordnances. Easements. Wetlands. Many possible restrictions. Some places the land is just about worthless because the lawful owner can not do anything lawful on his property. Just saying.

Thanks for your oppinions and jokes. I decided to buy it. There are way to many trails, sign and activity out there. I saw a black bear and heard there is a healthy elk herd that circles the area. The property has the only creek crossing for miles each way making it nearly a super highway for hoofs and paws. It's surounded by 100 acre parcels of privately managed timber land and is behind several locked gates.

I think it will be the perfect family recreational property and dang good hunting and crawfishing property.

Thanks again. I carefully considered all of your comments.

Last Edited:
Of course. The surrounding 600 acres or so is a 'll owned by the same small timber managment co and they are open to it being hunted on foot. Thanks for the thought.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top