JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm loading my own 38 Special for Cowboy action. Shoot out of Revolvers and the 73 Winchester Lever. $10.96 a box (50) using new Starline brass. $4.81 with recycled brass.

The press has long since paid for itself.

Take up reloading. I have reloaded from the getgo and just recently started to cast my own bullets too. Then you start scrounging brass and lead....oh where does it ever end??!!

+1 for reloading, but I still have a ways to go before I break even... Its sort of a short/long term investment, depending on how much you shoot. But you can save roughly half the cost of cheapest commercial ammo if you buy components in bulk, and that doesn't include casting bullets from wheel weights!

You can get one of those games on the computer that's free.

A flash based game. That's cheap.

7.62x54R is pretty cheap especially for a large centerfire rifle, 5.45 and 7.62x39 ranges from real cheap to kinda cheap.

9mm isn't bad either but its probably the most expensive of the lot. If you can find it, 7.62x25 isn't bad either but prices are going up on that.

Russian and Rimfire are usually the cheapest things to shoot

You have to start reloading. I can shoot .223 for the same cost as .17 HMR. Granted not as cheap as .22 LR, but a lot more fun to shoot and allows you to move out to 200-300 plus yards. I also shoot 6BR, 6PPC and .22-250 for slightly more cost. If you reload you can try some of the wildcat calibers. I'm thinking of a 20 VarTarg. While bullets are the biggest expense, powder is not cheap and the little 20 VT shoots a light charge with amazing accuracy and minimal noise.

223 is still the cheapest centerfire ammo you can buy in bulk. That is about your only alternative if you don't plan to reload.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top