JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In a CBS Miami online article, the author of the article quotes Jeff Dillard who runs National Armory in Pompano as saying “All our vendors are telling us not only are they out of stock but some are two to three million bullet-heads in back-order. They won’t even take our orders because they don’t know when they’ll be able to fill them.”

Now I wonder, does Jeff Dillard who runs the National Armory in Pompano really call bullets "bullet-heads" or is CBS just making up stuff again.

Full article:

CBS NEWS, POMPANO BEACH (CBS4) – Ammunition sellers and manufacturers say there’s been a run on bullets and they can’t keep their shelves stocked.

Jeff Dillard who runs National Armory in Pompano says it’s the worst he’s ever seen.

“I have never seen ammo so impossible to get,” said Dillard.

He said demand for ammunition has been growing and spiked over the past couple of days.

“Because of the terrorist attacks and the gun control legislation people are getting in more of a panic situation,” Dillard said.

When he can get bullets, Dillard says, they’re expensive.

“We paid five times the price we would normally pay,” he said, adding that it isn’t just ammunition running low, he can’t even get the parts to make bullets. “All our vendors are telling us not only are they out of stock but some are two to three million bullet-heads in back-order. They won’t even take our orders because they don’t know when they’ll be able to fill them.”

Ammunition manufacturer Andy Delatorre says can hardly keep up with ammunition orders, but the shortage on parts has hurt his business so much he had to lay off four people last month.

“We have had to shut down 50 percent of manufacturing process. People are out on street without jobs right now. We just can’t find enough raw material,” he said.

Ammunition manufacturers and sellers say they see no end in sight to the demand for bullets. “A lot of the distributors and suppliers are telling us it could be 2-3 months before we can get an ample supply of ammo and all that’s going to do is to drive up the prices,” said Dillard.

CCI makes 4 million .22 rounds per day. So being 3-4 million rounds back ordered is nothing when you think of all the various manufacturers The article is a joke in more ways then some idot refering to something as Bullet-Heads

actually,I've seen that term used on quite a few forums,and is accepted in a lot of areas of the country.sort of like when someone says.I"m gonna sale my powder.' Most of us would have used the word sell,not sale. but there again it's common in a lot of ares of the country to use sell and sale differently than I do.

In a lot of the world the bullet/projectile is called the head. I really don't see it
that much in the US, but it's pretty much the norm in Europe.

Looks like the guy in the article is describing a shortage of reloading components,
one of which is the head. Is he originally from another country? I'll bet that
the term "bullet-heads" isn't what he said, but a fabrication of some idiot reporter
who thought that it would somehow make things clearer.

In a lot of the world the bullet/projectile is called the head. I really don't see it
that much in the US, but it's pretty much the norm in Europe.

Looks like the guy in the article is describing a shortage of reloading components,
one of which is the head. Is he originally from another country? I'll bet that
the term "bullet-heads" isn't what he said, but a fabrication of some idiot reporter
who thought that it would somehow make things clearer.

Mostly heard from noobs here in yUK, and experienced shots who should know better trying to sound cool. It drives me nuts to hear it, TBH.

tac

My wife laughed when I read the article to her. Now, when ever the talking heads are trying to speak about firearms without actually knowing what they are saying, she calls them "talking bullet heads". Makes me laugh.

bullet head, sounds like one of those names a 4 year old makes up. Maybe they are refering to a peepee tip?

In a lot of the country, and on here, the uneducated nearly illiterate use language that is laughable. I rarely deal with anyone who exhibits mental defects on that level.

bullet
primer
case
powder

The M777 can fire the "smart" Excalibur round, co-developed by Global Combat Systems up to 40 km (25m) accurately enough to target individual rooms within a building, reducing the chance of innocent casualties and allowing supporting fire to be brought down much closer to friendly troops.
It can hurl a standard 43.5 kg shell almost 30 km (21 miles) at 2.5 times the speed of sound. The projectile takes just over a minute to fly this distance and reaches a maximum height of 12km. The shell reaches its maximum speed of 2900 kph (1800mph) by the time it exits the muzzle of the gun.

There are others as well. They can be programmed to air burst, or even penetrate and then detonate.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top