JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmm, never heard of such. Was initially thinking as you, blems & not meeting govt contract quality. Like along the lines of "X" in XM193/XM885 for 5.56.

However a quickie google foo shows this notation from one seller (laxammo) of such "2nd quality 9mm":

** 2ND QUALITY: ON AVERAGE 1 OUT OF 200 ROUNDS MAY HAVE A PRIMER DEFECT (PRIMER MAY NOT FIRE)

So, likely depends on the defect(s).

CF,

Thank you very kindly for the excellent help.

Think I'll pass on buying this stuff, though it would only be for target practice, I've no desire for dubious primer ammo.

Blems, sure, potentially faulty, no.

Many moons ago, just after the Falklands War had run down our ammunition stocks summat krool, and those plucky Belgians had refused to sell us any more ammunition for a while until their hissiness had died down, we had to get some 9mmP ammunition from IndiHa.

It was made at the Vindaloo Arsenal, a name more famed for strong curry than for ammunition.

Shooting this stuff one afternoon in my Sterling SMG I experienced full-auto fire with every squeeze of the trigger - great fun - and also the sight of 124gr FMJ ammunition BOUNCING OFF the target...

Not only was there not enough to blow the BB back to the sear, but not enough to make it penetrate an average sheet of hardboard.

My advice, if you ever see ANY ammunition with the headstamp OFV - Ordnance Factory Vindaloo - is to run away.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top